Space Heater(Red[The Angry Birds Movie] X Reader)

This was ever so slightly half-assed only because of how I feel about self shipping and writing in general right now.

Hope it's good enough.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

I had mixed feelings about winter. Overly dry skin, too many layers, my body getting too hot too easily from said layers. Being able to sleep with my favorite winter blanket, turning my usual chocolate milk into hot chocolate, hot showers feeling so much better.

Red, on the other hand, preferred warmer temperatures. He was having an issue preserving his body heat while we were lying in bed. He was on my stomach under my shirt. Due to my body temperature taking a while to go back up from being outside before we went to bed, I was a bit cold for his liking. The cold room temperature wasn't helping, either.

I felt him climb up my body and watched his head pop out from under the two layers. "Why are you so cold? I can't fall asleep."

"You don't have to sleep on me, Red," I  replied.

"I sleep better when I do, so yeah, I do," he snarked.

I rolled my eyes with a small smile. "Okay. I have an idea, then." I got up with Red in my hands and walked out into the living room. I sat in front of the humming space heater with the cardinal in my lap. "Better? Now we can both get warmed up."

"He settled in the hole made by my criss-crossed legs. "Perfect."

I stroked the top of his head. "Let me know when you're ready."

"Okay," he replied. He rubbed against my hand.

A comfortable silence filled the air between us. The only sound that filled the room was the constant sound of the space heater. I leaned back a bit on my arm and looked down at Red. He was enjoying the flow of heat and physical affection. I could feel the heat drying out my legs a little. I made a mental note to moisturize tomorrow morning.

After about ten minutes, Red went up my shirt to feel my stomach. "You're warm now. I think I can fall asleep."

"All right, crimson. Let's get to bed," I said. I got up after scooping Red up. I took him back into my cold bedroom and got under the blanket. I lied on my side and Red burrowed under to get to my stomach. He went under my shirt and curled up against my stomach. I smiled upon feeling him nuzzle against my skin. "Better?"

"Perfect," he replied. "I love you."

"I love you too, Red," I said then yawned.

-------

Why did I post this?

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo