3) Reproduction

Dedicated to @ NiaColeman for making me laugh out loud by your hilarious comments. You sure know how to entertain me, girl. You rock!

~◆~

I looked at the mirror, as my mother combed my hair and tied it neatly into a high ponytail. If someone else had looked at me, they would have freaked the hell out of them. My slightly triangular face was so pale, and the scleras were lightly grey-blue in color and my knee was wrapped with an elastic bandage which made walking much easier. Their was a small joint replacement, so close to what I had thought, but it had healed over the week.

"What's wrong with me, mom?" I asked, softly. The doctor, yes, the one who looked like Dr.Phil, said that I had depression and most likely insomnia too, mom bought me antidepressants but he warned her not to get sleeping pills before she ensures that I don't  sleep at nights frequently.

Our eyes met in the mirror, my eyes pleading for a piece of truth. She smiled at me, but her eyes held no glint, they looked...worried. That explained enough how much she loved me. "Nothing's wrong, sweetheart," she said, squeezing my shoulders. "You're perfect just the way you are."

"Then why the support group?" I asked, warily. Last time I read The Fault in our Stars, Hazel had attended one because she had cancer. I just didn't want to think that something was very wrong with me, even though I knew it inside. I didn't want to show others.

"You're seventeen, m'dear. It's time you make friends, you need friends in your life. And you need to interact with people like you, you have to know that you aren't the only one like this," she said. Her eyes searched my face.

Like me. 

People like me. 

Weak people. 

I am weak.

I am no ordinary.

I knew that.

"I know, mom. I just don't want to show them I'm one of them. I don't want to show I'm weak," I whimpered. I wouldn't have noticed the tear that was rolling down my cheeks if I hadn't been looking at the mirror.

I was being a coward, I knew that too. But I was being a coward only to be brave, if that makes any sense.

She noticed the tear too but none of us dared to wipe it. Instead, she bent and kissed it, and when she straightened back, the tear was no longer there. "Baby, no one is perfect. Neither me nor you. But, you, you are perfectly right, and don't forget there are people who still love you. Dad, Richard, West and I. We love you, Audie, you are just as right as we are. Now go, wash your tears and come back smiling, okay?" She said, offering a smile.

I smiled back, but it was faked. She deserved a smile back, for her heartfelt words and I gave it faked because I wasn't courageous and strong enough to fight it through my tears. As soon as she exited my room, I buried my face and started sobbing.

After sometimes, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Mom, I'm sorry. Give me just a few minutes!"I begged, refusing to look at her face.

"It's not mom," a deep voice spoke. I turned around and saw a handsome face looking at me, his eyes pooled with concern. "It's Richard."

"Oh, sorry, I..." I stuttered, noticing his hand on my shoulder. He was just so stunningly kind it hurt. I loved my brother.

"Uh...no, I'm..I'm sorry," he said, taking his hands off me in embarrassment.

I chuckled and felt okay all of a sudden. Let's make this happen, I thought."What for?" I asked, though I already knew the reason.

He flushed, "For..." he glanced at my shoulder and blushed deep crimson. "Uh, for entering your room without permission?"