⋆⭒˚。⋆𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 ⋆⭒˚。⋆

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:
| THE VERY FIRST NIGHT by Taylor Swift ( from the vault) |
:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:

For a fraction of second, Amelia wished she was still in Snape's office. However, she was in front of the Gryffindor common room immobile, staring blankly at the empty painting of The Fat Lady. Her ears were ringing as she heard the Gryffindor Prefects giving them instructions. They asked them to make a queue and to follow them right into the Great Hall, where they would spend the night together with the students of the other houses while the professors inspected the castle looking for Black.

Amelia's thoughts were contrasting. On one side, she couldn't deny the excitement she felt when she understood that her father was in the same place as her after twelve years; on the other, she was scared that all these years her expectations didn't reflect the reality and that Sirius was actually as everyone described him.

She was split in two, but deep down, she knew she would rush into his arms the moment she met him. It would be the first time their eyes met after a life spent apart. The first time Amelia could have the chance to experience being embraced by her father.

Unluckily, she had lost forever her mother, but she swore she wasn't going to waste the limited time she could spend with her father, even if he was indeed guilty of what he had been accused of.

Sirius was the last part of her family that remained to her. Her mother was gone, Aaron couldn't bear to be in her presence, and her uncle... well, he had disowned her. Amelia couldn't afford to lose her father too. She wouldn't allow it to happen.

Her feet seemed glued on the floor cause no matter how hard she tried to move them, they stayed still before the entrance of her common room as anyone else had begun to walk behind Percy.

It was only thanks to one soft hand that gently took hers, that she came back into the real world. She led herself being guided down the stairs by Ava as her mind wandered freely elsewhere.

The taller girl looked apprehensively at her. She couldn't quite imagine what Amelia was going through right now, but she would make sure that she was okay and stay with her during the whole night.

Amelia gripped Ava's hand as if it was the last anchor that kept her on earth. "So, uhm, did you have fun at Hogsmeade?" She asked, absolutely needing to focus on something that wasn't her father.

Ava took the hint, smiling brightly as they walked side by side behind Lavander and Parvati. "Yes!" The brunette squealed, her eyes were shimmering, "well, yes, I suppose we had," she awkwardly corrected herself, minimising everything cause she remembered that Amelia hadn't been able to go with them.

The young Black giggled, "You don't need to pretend it wasn't amazing, Ava," Amelia pointed out. "I literally asked you to tell me how it was."

"You sure?" Ava kindly assured that her friend was fine with her rambling about her trip. Amelia nodded, thinking that the possibility that she and Ava were slowly getting closer was better than anything that the taller girl might have seen or done today.

Ava told her that the Weasley twins pratically spent all the time inside Zonko's shop, who went looking for new gadgets for their jokes, that Granger had dragged her to visit the Tomes and Scrolls, a famous bookshop, where the ice princess ended up buying just one book after having got a look of almost all the shop. "Oh, and then I managed to persuade Hermione to accompany me to the Three Broomsticks. We could not return here without having been there. It's a must visiting it when you go to Hogsmeade. And madam Rosmerta is super polite. She reserved for us a small table in the corner of the pub so that we could have our privacy and not be bothered by the others."