⋆⭒˚。⋆ 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 ⋆⭒˚。⋆

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:
| SUNSET BOULEVARD by Million Dollar Cowboy |
:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:

Amelia was sitting all by herself this morning. The golden trio had rushed through the library even before the sun raised, and obviously, Granger had woken up with the little noises she made while she was getting ready. Perhaps she should ask Cedric if he knew a spell that could make her sleep without hearing anything for an entire night.

The Great Hall was desert except for a couple of Ravenclaw and her loving cousin, Draco Malfoy, who was wearing as always his best pout. "What have you done of your personal bodyguards, Draco?" She teased him, looking in his direction.

"I gave them a free day," he joked. "What about yours, little Amy?" He questioned back. "I haven't seen either Diggory or Pottah."

An amused smile spread across Amelia's face. "Same as you," she casually answered, pouring herself a glass of chocolate milk. "I didn't want to be the classic rude boss who never lets their employees some free time. That would be slavery, wouldn't it?"

The blonde sniggered, roaming with his eyes on the Slytherin table to get an idea of what there was for breakfast today.

"You can come here, cousin, you know," Amelia kindly offered. "I don't think you run the risk of being eaten alive until it's just me here."

"Me sitting down with a Gryffindor at their table?" He replied with disgust, as if that was the worst that could happen to him. "That is never gonna happen, little Amy."

"I'm not five years old, Draco," the younger girl pointed out, slightly pissed off. "Maybe you can stop calling me little Amy."

He shook his head, pursing his lips. "You're younger than me, little Amy."

Amelia rolled her eyes, sighing deeply as she covered her face with her hands. "Two months younger," she specified.

"Still younger," he shrugged. "Besides, don't you like being the youngest one in your family?" He asked her, sincerely interested. "Most of the responsibilities are on Aaron's shoulders being him the first child, so you can worry about them when you're older."

He didn't explicitly say anything, but Amelia took notice of the sadness behind his grey eyes. It was the same she had in hers, and probably that was what all the children of a pureblood family had in common. Well, technically, she wasn't a pureblood, but she grew up learning to follow their strict rules, never having the chance to be a normal teenager. Who knows what kind of childhood her mother had. Maybe, before coming to Hogwarts, she lived a totally different life.

Maybe muggles were happier in their world without magic.

"I can assure you that I don't feel any better by being the youngest one," Amelia replied quietly. "If anything, it's worse, but certainly not better."

Draco gloomily stared at the food in front of him. Amelia must have hit something inside him with her words. "... Yeah," he said after a while, glancing at her. "You're right. It sucks."

For a fraction of a second, Amelia didn't see the bully Ron described her first day. She saw just a boy whose life, if it had been like hers, had never gifted him anything. She saw a broken boy trying to fix what his parents had crushed into pieces. They were more similar than she thought under this aspect.

She shut her eyes closed when she spotted Snape's black robes billowing behind him as he walked towards her with his usual poker face. She had forgotten to meet him up in his office yesterday. Having to face her Boggart had totally drained her, and now she was definitely fucked.