⋆⭒˚。⋆ 𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵 ⋆⭒˚。⋆

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:     
| MY BLOOD by Ellie Goulding |
  :・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:

Amelia couldn't hear a single thing. The Gryffindor table had started screaming and clapping their hands to celebrate her. But there was nothing to cheer for. Her worst nightmares had become true: she had followed her father's steps, becoming the black sheep of her family.

As she slowly stood up, she noticed that Dumbledore was smiling fondly at her, joining the crowd clapping his hands. Weird.

On her school robes appeared the Gryffindor crest, officially transforming her into a little lion. She casted a subtly glance at the Slytherin table, looking for her brother, but when she found his eyes, she thought it was better not to search for his attention. Disappointment was written all over his face, as well as a hint of what Amelia believed was contempt. He shook his head in disgust as his sister walked past him, crushing her feelings.

Why? Why on earth did she have to be this useless? Why couldn't she just be perfect like Aaron?

Those were the questions which were echoing in Amelia's mind as she reached her housemates. She really wanted to cry. She needed to, but not now, not in front of everyone, or they would think that she was weak.

Cedric, on the other hand, as soon as he made eye contact with the girl, offered her a reassuring smile, but not even that could make her feel better at the moment.

It was just a matter of time before her uncle learnt about his niece being in Gryffindor, and when it happened, her name would permanently be removed from the Black's family. If only that stupid hat had listened to her, now she wouldn't be in this horrible situation.

She tiredly slumped on the bench, listlessly bringing her elbows to the table while she waited for the food to appear.

"We don't even get a 'hello, I'm your new housemates'? And if you were so gentle, you could even honour us by telling us your name." A nagging voice disturbed Amelia, causing her to roll her eyes in annoyment. She slowly turned her head around to get a look on this person who was already on her nerves and got a view of a ginger girl who was looking straight at her with a provoking smile.

"Excuse me?" She asked back hostile.

"I said -"

"I heard you. I'm not deaf yet," she hissed between gritted teeth, dazzling the redhead with her hazel eyes.

"And you even have the gift of speech! Wonderful," the ginger teased her. Amelia sighed disconsolate, hoping that not all the Gryffindor were this irritating. Otherwise, she would have a difficult time at Hogwarts.

She returned to face the other people, totally not minding to the girl who, unfortunately for her, was stubborn as hell, invading Amelia's space with her hand to introduce herself. "I'm Ginny Weasley, by the way." A Weasley... interesting. She obviously knew the family's name since they were pureblood, but she had never gotten the chance to meet one of them in person. Aaron, though, couldn't stand them. He always insisted on saying that they were just losers. Now, she would have the possibility to personally test them and see what they were made of.

"Amelia Black, but you should already know it since Dumbledore said it," she answered, avoiding the girl's eyes. Luckily, since food had appeared before them, she could easily pretend she was too busy to eat and not having to talk to that harassing girl.

"Yes, but I wanted to hear it from you," she shot back, still handing her hand to Amelia to shake hers. But the brunette was completely ignoring her, peacefully drinking her pumpkin juice.