Ch. 4 ~ Midnight Ride

Justin clearly made a mistake buying me the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack while we were in Target looking for a Mother's Day gift for my mom a month ago. Little did he know it would be blasting through the whole yard, and that two fifteen-year-olds would be belting the obnoxious lyrics as they jumped into the pool.
It was about 9 pm. It was only a matter of time before my mom came out and told us we might have to tone things down a bit. I've had my fair share of neighbors complaining about me. Apparently people don't appreciate Shake It Off blaring at 2 in the morning.
"I DUG MY KEY INTO THE SIDE OF HIS PRETTY LITTLE SOUPED UP 4-WHEEL DRIVE, CARVED MY NAME INTO IS LEATHER SEATTT!"
Jade and I were definitely loud. But this was one of our favorites songs. Plus, it is actually pretty relevant in my life. I mean my jerk father went off and had an affair when I was five. But my mom wasn't the type to destroy his car over it.
~
My mom knocked on my door, and I opened it quickly. Jade and I had just posted a picture of all of our food, and we were currently stuffing our faces.
"Justin and I are going to bed. I'll see you girls in the morning."
We exchanged "I-love-you's" before I shut the door.
Jade and I looked at each other mischievously. Like we both wanted to do something bad.
"Let's go for a ride Geller." I said, already knowing what I had planned.
Neither of us had our permits. I couldn't get mine until November, and she couldn't get hers until next month. We were in no position to be driving. After waiting an hour to make sure my mom and Justin were asleep, we had went through the back door with a Jansport bag full of toilet paper. My mom's keys were on the kitchen counter. Too easy. She would never know about this, and if she did, she would probably just take my phone away for a couple days. It was going to be worth it. Unless our stunt gets blown out of proportion.
"You never even glanced at the study guide for the permit test!" Jade whisper-yelled as she got into the passenger seat.
I felt a bit overwhelmed in the driver's seat, staring at all the buttons. It couldn't be too hard, right? I mean, push the one on the right to go, and the one on the left to stop.
As soon as I got the engine to start, I pulled onto the street, praying that I wouldn't knock over our neighbor's garden gnomes.
"You're a natural!" Jade squealed as she typed in the address we were looking for.
"Thank you, thank you very much!" I replied, doing my best Elvis impression.
Jade was looking through comments on our latest picture.
"Listen to this one! 'It's funny how Jen is so healthy and fit and then there's Ellie who eats crap all the time. #loser'"
"What can I say? They're right!" I joked.
"Don't worry. You've got an army of Fanistons roasting this troll as we speak."
"Gotta love the FAAANISTONS!" I referred to my mom's voice in a vine I came across a few weeks ago."
"Make a left up here Ellie Belle."
I smiled at the nickname and then pulled into a neighborhood worth billions of dollars. Filled with movie stars.
"I know which one it is now. I know it well." I told Jade, thinking of a foreign slip n slide used years ago in an effort to be more accepting of all cultures or something like that. Whatever.
I pulled to a stop a couple houses down from our destination. I did a pretty crappy parallel parking job, but I didn't care. My heart was just pumping with adrenaline. As we ran out to the manicured lawn and threw the first roll at the large oak tree, the night had begun.