Chapter 15: Facing The Truth

May 17 2023

It was the evening as everything has gone silent at Anne's house, After that argument between Carriette and Anne, Her mother was left with tears when Carriette said the most harshest thing to her, Alex was fuming from what she said since Carriette had no right to say something like that, Another reason was that Alex really cared about Anne like that was his own sister.

Anne was seen in her room as Emma was sitting next to her, Both of them were really silent, and the day felt really long already. Anne really wanted to speak to Carriette, but Emma was stopping her.

Anne: Where is she?

Emma: She's still in her room. . . Let's just leave her alone for now.

It was another moment of silence until Alex entered the room after taking a phone call with someone, He still seemed to be in a bad mood, but he also felt calmer, at least.

Alex: How are you feeling?

Anne: I'm alright, Don't worry about it.

Alex nodded and sat on the bed as it was silent again until Ambrose cleared his throat and spoke to Anne.

Alex: I don't want to stress you out, but I really need to know what the whole story is.

Emma: When did this even happen?

Anne sighed and told about everything, how she felt around him, the way he acted towards her, and how their relationship started, even if they weren't an official couple.

She talked about all their secret meetings, which shocked Alex and Emma, It was going on for two months, and they never knew about it?

Emma; So. . . That's how it started.

Anne: Yeah. . . . I know it's really strange and wrong.

Alex: Look, there is nothing to judge about. . . But right now you need to tell us something, Do you love him?

Anne was silent, She was caught off guard from that question. Alex and Emma were waiting for her response as her heart was racing.

Anne: I. . . I-

Emma: Relax, Anne. Just tell us the truth, okay?

Anne: . . . . . I do. . .

In the end, Anne finally catches feelings for her boss, She didn't want this to happen, but for some reason, she felt happy and safe around him, Jonathan was also someone that would listen to her and understand her feelings, That was the kind of person she wanted in her life.

Alex and Emma looked at each other in shock as Anne took a deep breath and looked at them.

Anne: It wasn't anything serious. . . But I guess I do love him now, I don't feel alone as I used to. He made me feel different, and I don't care if he's my boss or not.

Alex and Emma continued looking at her as Anne was feeling a bit nervous.

Anne: But I just feel nervous right now. . . I want him to talk, at least.

Emma: Anne, We don't care if he's your boss or not. If you feel safe and happy around him, then we are happy as well.

Alex: That's right, Maybe he shares the same feelings as well, Anne.

Anne: I'm scared. . . What if he doesn't?

It was a tough question, Emma and Alex frowned a little, but they had hope.

Emma: Don't think about that right now. You can't stress yourself out.

Alex: We'll see about this later, Right now, you need to rest up, okay?