Arc 2 | Chapter12 - A Greedy mansion bathe in cursed shadows(part 3)

Re:Craftsman, Devil, or a Protector Arc 2 | Chapter 12 - A Greedy mansion bathe in cursed shadows(part 3)

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Noble Phantasm/Spell incantation"

{Telepathic speaking}

《"Erebus physically speaking"》

《{Erebus telepathic speaking}》

《'Erebus thinking'》

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Emilia's Pov)

'What is this?' I asked myself as I was witnessing the battle before me.

After I left Subaru's room, I couldn't help but feel ashamed of myself. Puck had completely taken control of the conversation and transformed it into an interrogation. Saying and asking things that Subaru wasn't comfortable with answering but did anyway. But the moment Subaru's... shadow(?) took control, and it became obvious that Puck had gone too far. Nonetheless, I got some answers but even more questions. I wanted to ask more, but "Subaru" was not in the mood to answer any more questions.

When Roswaal decided to fight Subaru and Subaru accepted, I genuinely believed that Subaru would lose. While I knew he could handle Elsa, Roswaal is magically more knowledgeable. He is the Court Magician of Lugunica. But that notion was instantly voided when Subaru spoke those words.

"I am the Curse of Vainglory..."

Roswaal tensed, and I felt a shiver going down my spine. The spirits around me, the lesser, the quasi, and even the full spirits all began to panic. I noticed that Beatrice took a step back, looking at Subaru with a conflicted and wary expression. Everything seemed to stop as something out of place had been introduced to the world, something even I could feel. After the feeling had passed, Roswaal was the first one to act.

~~~

(Third pov)

A multitude of red and green flaming slashes of great heat was fired from Roswaal's hands. Subaru responded by shooting five ice balls that managed to block the flames but was easily cut in halves by the slashes.

Seeing this, Subaru moved at inhuman speeds towards Roswaal, shooting magic bullets at both the slashes, disrupting them, and at Roswaal. Roswaal took flight into the air, conjuring masses of earth, fire and yang mana, materialising a great barrage of heat rays and sharp rocks, firing them at fast speeds, with a large amount of fire bullets following shortly after.

Subaru's eyes narrowed as he grasped the situation before grabbing Suta in a defensive position. His od fluxed as a multitude of Imaginary Space rifts appeared and swallowed the barrage of Ul Jiwald and returned them as a counter to Ul Goa. The sharp rocks, however, were caught in an invisible force that made them spin around Subaru as he transmuted them into sand and transformed the sand into sharp glass fragments.

He aimed Yami at Roswaal, as a magic circle appeared in front of the barrel, and magical energy started to build up inside the circle, along with ominous power. Seeing this, Roswaal unleashed both a magical firestorm and a current of lightning towards Subaru. However, Subaru had expected this so both he and Erebus cast two respective spells each.

"Glassworks: bullet storm." 《{Time-Flow: Object's Acceleration.}》 They chanted and at command, the sharpen glass fragments was fired at an impressive accelerated speed, ignoring the raging heat of the firestorm, pushing back the lightning current and forcing Roswaal to conjure a barrier to protect himself. Forcing Roswaal to block disrupted his concentration to keep the firestorm and lighting current alive. It also gave Subaru time to finish filling the magic circle with magical energy, allowing him to cast his spell.