Arc 2 | Chapter 12 - A Greedy mansion bathe in cursed shadows(part 1)

Re:Craftsman, Devil or a protector

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Spell incantation

{Telepathic speaking}

《"Erebus physically speaking"》

《{Erebus telepathic speaking}》

《'Erebus thinking'》

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Correct Betty if she's got something wrong." Beatrice said after she drank the tea I had prepared for her.

"Of course." Subaru answered while dropping some poisonous leaves into a cauldron before stirring in an even motion.

"Subaru... and Erebus are from another world." She said, still not used to the fact that her contractor wasn't one person but infact two in the same body.

"Yup." While Subaru was stirring at one cauldron, two pitch-black shadow-hands were busy with another cauldron, carefully adding an explosive fluid into the mix.

"Erebus is a conscious born from a reaction between your soul and the witch factor."

"Well that is what we originally believed before finding out that the factor is from outer space," Subaru stop the stirring, left the cauldron before walking to another one, which had been left to take care of itself for a while. "which in itself opens up a whole other can of worms which we don't have the alcohol for." Subaru said, as Erebus, who had also left his cauldron for another one, dropped the spoon as his existential bewilderment returned at full force. This forced Subaru to finish the potions he was responsible for.

Subaru, Erebus, and Beatrice were inside of the portable workshop Zelretch had prepared for us, Beatrice sitting by the kitchen table while Subaru and Erebus was in the kitchen brewing potions all while talking to each other. Subaru had just explained(read: dumped) the majority of their story onto her from the disaster, Shirou saving them as kids, Shirou and Rin adopting them, learning magecraft from both of them, their time at the Mages organisation, Ai's birth and her personality and the Holy Grail War. Of course, Subaru also explained how they got to Od Laguna...

"Still, I can't believe that the Witch of Envy... no Satella is the reason you are in this world." Beatrice said, feeling conflicted about the truth. For 4 centuries, the Witch of Envy has been viewed as an inhuman monster of pure evil and destruction, even by Beatrice, due to her reading about it. Learning that not only is Satella incompatible with the envy witch factor, which is a big reason why she did what she did, but also that she is in love with her contractor(s). That last fact just opens up a whole other can of worms.

'Betty's contractors.' She thought with bliss. She still couldn't believe that her 400 years of suffering had finally ended and 'that person' had finally set her free. Her heart still aches from the fact that the suffering she had endured was caused by both herself and her mother. Her lack of understanding of the functionality of the book of wisdom caused her to not learn the answer to Mother's order. Of course, her incompetent mother is also to blame. If she had just been a little bit clearer, then her suffering could have been avoided. But then again, she might not have met her current contractors. She had only interacted with one of her contractors, but from what she could gather was that Subaru is hard working, knowledgeable, perceptive, and helpful. Erebus, based on what Subaru have told her, is near similar to Subaru's own due to them sharing everything from emotions, memories(if the conditions meet), etc. But they also have their differences, due to both of them coming to different conclusions on what they witness.

"Beatrice, can you hear us?" Subaru's question snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Betty was thinking, can Subaru repeat that."