012

Another great year-ender activity for Sage was hanging out with the party in Mike's basement in the late evening before Christmas Eve

Another great year-ender activity for Sage was hanging out with the party in Mike's basement in the late evening before Christmas Eve. She lost track of time and forgot how long one campaign can take. Sage had fun and the boys could tell that by the look on her face especially when Will won the game.

After the campaign of the kids with their Dungeons & Dragons game, Sage still claims she does not know how to play the game which is only half-true because in the eyes of her guy friends, she was getting better than the last time they played it.

"Bye!" Will said first because Jonathan was already there to pick him up from the Wheeler's. Sage went to Will and hugged the scrawny boy tight, making him stifle a soft chuckle. "Merry Christmas!" Sage beamed at him and sneaked a present behind his back when they pulled away.

Will was caught by surprise seeing a large gift from the girl but Sage didn't mind and waved the present to him, "Take it. Open it when you get home and tell me what you think about it or not." Sage said and Will grabbed it, smiling at his friend one more time.

"Thanks Sage. Merry Christmas." He said to the girl before coming up to the stairs to meet Jonathan who was in the kitchen where Mrs. Wheeler was.

"Merry Christmas Jonathan!" Sage yelled from downstairs and Jonathan greeted the girl the same thing before bidding goodbye as he held his little brother's hand and they slowly disappeared from the girl's vision.

Sage crossed her arms and smiled in satisfaction before helping the boys clean up the mess they made from earlier. After helping them clean up, Sage grabbed her gifts for her other friends that were lying near the staircase that leads to the upper floor out of the basement and gave them one by one to the two males.

"We don't have a present for you..." Dustin said looking at the presents that were in Sage's hand, his voice getting lower before he even finished his sentence. Lucas and Dustin clearly had no idea that Sage had planned to give them a present tonight, or like ever. They just got used to the fact that Sage never gave them anything ever since they started being friends and now they're embarrassed that they can't give the girl anything back.

Sage shook her head with a smile on her lips, "I don't need anything in return. It's just an appreciation gift from me. I wanted to give you guys one so- yeah."

Lucas and Dustin then pulled Sage in an embrace making her grunt in surprise, "Oh!"

"Thanks Sage, we love you." The two male said, making the girl pat their back at the same time.

"Aw, I love you guys too! Merry Christmas!"

When the two males left the Wheeler's basement, Sage turned around and saw Mike with a frown on his face but he quickly smiled when their eyes met, "I'll be at your front door. I'll wait for my mom." Sage said and Mike nodded his head.

He watched as Sage slowly climbed upstairs and disappeared in the basement, not following her yet.

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Wheeler! Thanks for tonight, I had fun." The girl greeted as she walked past Mrs. Wheeler who had returned her with a wide smile on her lips. "Merry Christmas dear."