08

The four of the kids went back to the Wheeler's basement right after they had shared a momentous hug in the quarry

The four of the kids went back to the Wheeler's basement right after they had shared a momentous hug in the quarry. Sage went there all looking all dirty and most definitely sweaty and though it did give her the ick, the bigger problem was with Eleven, she looked absolutely dirtier than yesterday and she lost the wig she was wearing the whole time for disguise.

Sage took a wet cloth from the corner and went inside the bathroom to wet it in the sink. The girl didn't notice this until now but there was a big mirror inside the bathroom inside Mike and she refused to look at her dirty appearance in the mirror and just ignored the mirror.

Sage sat right next to Eleven and faced her, as she wiped the damp cloth across the dirt on the girl's face.

"There, that's better." Sage said firmly, while throwing the damp cloth now dirty, that she used across her. Sage shoved her hands inside her pocket and reached for her mirror that was just always in her pocket for some reason and then handed it to Eleven. "See for yourself."

Eleven then took her time to look at herself and then touched her head and Sage gave her an apologetic smile, shaking her head. "It's okay. You don't need it. You're pretty with or without it."

Eleven continued to look at her reflection in the mirror, making Sage pat her shoulder. "Trust me El."

Eleven's lips curved into a little smile and then the two girls jolted when they heard the boys constantly yelling across them. Eleven handed the mirror back to Sage, and Sage shoved it right away back to her pocket and approached Dustin and Mike.

"What's going on?" Sage asked and rested her hand on the table, looking at the walkie talkie that Mike Wheeler was holding.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin asked looking over at the girl and she let out a sigh of irritation before asking, "How do you expect me to know that Henderson?"

Dustin facepalmed, "Right. Yeah whatever, he said he was going to look for the gate today and me and Mike thought he found it."

"What?"

All of them then turned back to the walkie talkie when it started to channel Lucas' voice again but his voice kept on distorting and cracking because of the poor signal. "What's he saying?" Mike asked and put it near his ear.

"I don't know, he's way out of range." Dustin replied.

"Lucas, if you can hear us slow down, we can't understand you." Mike said over the walkie and Dustin came closer trying to listen to what the radio kept on delivering to them.

"Mad hen, does that mean anything to you? Is that a code name or something?" Dustin asked, confused. Sage then put a hand over Dustin's mouth to stop him talking so that she could listen more to what Lucas was actually trying to say over the radio.

"The bad men are coming!" Yelled Lucas on the other side of the walkie and Sage muttered those words again. "Bad men. Dumbass, he meant bad men! He says they're coming and we need to get the hell out of here!" Sage shouted over at Dustin and Mike.