09

It was already nightfall when the kids arrived at the Byers' home along with the chief

It was already nightfall when the kids arrived at the Byers' home along with the chief.. One by one the kids got out of his car and when Sage stepped out, she could finally breathe as if nothing was caging her.

Mike followed behind Sage and eventually held her hand, caressing it, giving her a look of reassurance. Sage gave him a little smile but was instantly pushed away when Nancy Wheeler came crashing and hugged her little brother. "Mike! Oh my God! I was so worried about you!" Nancy said as she pulled away from him.

"Yeah uh me too." Mike said nonchalantly, because the 12-year-old boy did not know what to say and reply to what his older sister said. He was so used to Nancy being a jerk to him and now she's all worried for him.

Nancy then moved her gaze to Eleven and studied her from up and down. "Is that my dress?" Nancy asked, pointing at it and Mike gulped.

The kids ignored the older Wheeler's question and walked past her, only until Sage stopped in front of her because Nancy called her name. "Sage," There was a little pause before Nancy continued. "I haven't seen you in forever."

"Me too," Sage smiled and walked past Nancy to get inside Will's house. Sage could really save some conversation next time but right now, she's way too exhausted for everything.

They all gathered around the table as they talked about the Upside Down the kids have found out a few days ago and especially the Hawkins Laboratory. In the end, they all let Eleven try to reach for Will again and with Barbara Holland who was a friend of Nancy's.

But to no avail, Eleven has already used all her power from earlier and her body is worn out from it. "Whenever she uses her powers, she gets weak." Sage said and looked around the people that were gathered on the dining table.

"The more energy she uses, the more tired she gets." Dustin added and Sage nodded her head.

"Like she flipped the van earlier." Lucas said, "It was awesome."

"But she's drained and tired."

"Like a bad battery," Dustin muttered.

"H-how do we make her better?" Will's mom asked and Sage shook her head, "We don't. We just have to wait and try again."

"Well, how long?" Nancy asked and Sage shrugged her shoulders, "We don't know Nance."

"The bath," A shrill voice came from behind making all of you flinch and see who it was. It was just Eleven who came from the bathroom, she was now standing near the dark hallways and far from the light.

"What?" Joyce Byers asked, completely shifting her body to face the girl.

"I can find them." Eleven answered, looking away. "In the bath."

────────────

What happened next was something Sage never expected, breaking in at Hawkins Middle School at night. What better way to exhaust more and break inside the school this late. She huffs as she separated with some of her friends, she stuck with Lucas and Dustin though. She helped them set up the kiddy pool and as much as how loud they were just setting it up, it never bore her listening to them.