XIV

Enjoy<3

"I'm pairing everyone in twos for my next assignment," The woman raised her voice as she paraded round the classroom, walking past each row but her gaze remaining fixed ahead

        "Each team is given a unique topic to do a research on and two weeks from now, on a Thursday like this, you'll stand in front of everyone and present. I will mark you according to your presentation and content. Take note that this assignment takes half of your first test. So if you ace, consider your first test dusted." 

        She reached the desk and pulled out her Notebook, calling out names according to how she paired them in the book. Some were happy about it, and others didn't like it at all.

        "Zaire and Dazzline-"

        "What?!" Dazzline exclaimed, her face screwing up in anger and disgust. Her face clearly said 'She and that he-goat working together? Hell naw!'

        The teacher paused and turned to face her with raised brows. "Is there a problem, Ms Dazzline?'

        "Uh, yeah! I do not want to be paired with," She turned and pointed at Zaire Williams, her mouth twisted in a sneer as as she spat the words, "that!"

        Zaire chuckled dryly, offended and irritated. " I do not want to work with you too, witch!" They both glared at one another and their friends and our classmates stared back and forth between the two, feeling as though we were in the middle of a battlefield.

        "Well that's too bad. You two will have to learn to put your differences aside and work together."

        "Next! Fayth Martins and Izaak D'angelis."

        "Umm" My eyes widened at the mention of my name next to his. The guy I'd been trying to avoid all week. I was convinced this woman was a trouble seeking woman. First she paired Dazzline with her rival, now she was pairing me with my crush, the guy I'm so desperately trying to avoid. After my conversation with my friends, I had decided keeping my feelings for Izaak D'angelis would only end up wounding me. I was not ready for a heartbreak, and I also was not ready to go against my rules.