Chapter 118: Epilogue

With the decimation of Annonrial, resulting in over 800 million deaths among the Annonrials for the following decades, Ahmed Hee immediately resigned from his position for ordering such mass destruction and slaughter of an entire species, citing that he's taking responsibility.

This was followed by the ASEAN immediately disintegrating, with the Philippines leaving the federation, and subsequently, Indonesia, leading to a domino effect of dissolution. However, the fighting in Philades was far from over. Despite this, everyone drafted a nonaggression pact but no mutual defense treaty, and their armies were withdrawn from Philades, other than putting soldiers and equipment in Duro and southern Philades, formerly the core nation of Parpaldia. Myanmar immediately fell into civil war after a junta backed by China took over the democratic government in a February coup, sending massive ripples throughout the newly returned independent country in chaos. Laos and Cambodia soon formed a union, followed by the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia, forming Maphilindo, with Singapore supporting the new United States with them creating a mutual defense treaty.

The entire world was confused by the sudden changes and foreign policies of newly independent countries after the fall of ASEAN — a world power. But soon, the consequences began to creep in, with massive changes in the educational, societal, and economic integration of the former member states already in implementation, making it more difficult for everyone to veer off course.

The established interdependency shackled every former member state. Lauria was thrown into confusion regarding what to do, as funding wasn't provided by the newly independent countries. Territories in the eastern seas, around Latistor, were also in question regarding inheritance, along with the Grameus holdings, which gravely messed up everything.

Two years later, everyone was forced to reunite once more after severe consequences had to be patched. Their former pre-dissolution industrial and economic integration was in shambles. Apart from ports and naval shipbuilding, their aircrafts and weapons manufacturing interdependency was also in disarray. They had to triple the repair costs compared to before the dissolution just to repair them.

It was a monumental feat of self-destruction and following self repair. Fortunately, the Annonrials were left behind and no shape to fight or attack ASEAN. However, Southeast Asians and foreigners in Lauria, who had already taken the name Laurian Dominion, declared themselves an independent country away from the influence of Southeast Asians. A small chunk called the Republic of Terra emerged. Verlander became the heart of People's Republic of China, with 70% fully controlled by the Chinese through concessions, negotiations, and absorbing other foreign countries. The remaining 30% comprised India, France, and the USA. India didn't want to be part of China, while the USA and France had strong backing in the UN forces in Latistor.

The UK handed over their territories in Verlander to China as they evacuated to UN Independent Territories or NUNEIT due to the worsening situation in Southeast Asia, Philades, and Rodenius, as they found joining in such a troublesome situation or protecting their territories in Verlander is beyond their abilities, with difficulties in requesting assistance from other coalition forces like Russians, Italian, Turks, and others in the NUNEIT to protect their holdings in the mouth of the Philades Rodenius strait, they had to lay down their claims.

The war in Central World concluded with the Annonrial withdrawal, yet over the last three years, the Holy Milishial Empire under Gaius persisted in building their armed forces and advancing their technology to the extent of reaching orbit. They recaptured and fortified the islands on the border of the Southern World, unaware of the catastrophe that had unfolded there. It wasn't until some floating ships, carrying fleeing Annonrials from their mainland, revealed the horrifying destruction wrought by nuclear weapons. Initially skeptical, they eventually realized the truth as time passed and Annonrial aid never arrived. With their newfound ability to reach space, they beheld the devastated civilization that was once Annonrial.