Chapter 117: The Armageddon

ASEAN Secretariat

At the heart of ASEAN, representatives and cabinet officials watched the situation unfold with grave expressions. The atmosphere was silent and heavy, with no one uttering a word as they looked at their respective personal gadgets, all displaying a video feed recorded yesterday.

"Mama!"

"Ina! There, come here!"

The video, taken during a disaster in a reclamation settlement of migrants and foreigners who had moved to Lauria, was recorded by an Egyptian national dragging her daughter out of a burning subdivision. In the background, the shouting and wails of people could be heard, panic evident in their voices. The original residents of Lauria, next to the subdivision and separated by a thin concrete wall, were also in a state of panic. Both Earthlings and Laurian alike wore desperate expressions as they ran from the danger.

Then the video shifts towards photos and new cast detailing the devastation they gathered, with people running away, faces of resignation as they saw their houses and properties burned, tears in their eyes, hospitals at full capacity as they were forced to put patients outside with mere thin tents as protection from the outside environment.

The dead also piled up, and reports of widows and orphans grew as time passed.

They detected the enemies, had plans to prevent their attacks, reserved and prepared for the eventuality at all costs to stop them, yet it was an utter failure.

A series of sighs or silent contemplations spread across the room, they were unable to stop Annonrial from attacking their own territories, a failure without a doubt. And the attacking force was just a mere dispatch force of 140 ships, feeble compared to how many they were deploying in Mu, Milishial, and around the world. They have yet to face the Annonrials' full naval might.

"Those bastards," one of the cabinet members exclaimed, gazing at the burning ruins of Autiria and Aviale. All of them had been chased and sunk after confirmation of missiles hitting cities and towns in Rodenius and Philades. Constructed cities in Verlander, housing other nationalities, especially the Chinese, were enraged, sending almost all available multirole fighters armed with anti-ship missiles to hunt down the withdrawing Annonrials. Americans also tracked them, deploying another wave of P-8 and B-52 aircraft armed to the teeth. Southeast Asian deployed more combat aircraft armed with glide bombs and rockets, along with swarms of drones, towards the Annonrials. It was a feast of slaughter; in just half a day, the entire remnants of the west-central fleet division of Annonrial were sunk, leaving survivors alone in the sea to die from starvation, heat exhaustion, hyperthermia, monster attacks, or by their own hands.

Calls for second strikes to gun down the survivors in the sea, echoed up until now, but no actions were taken, and there was no guarantee they would receive help either.

"So, is everyone in agreement with the plans?" Ahmed Hee, the chairman of the Federal Republic, said. Every representative who was initially reluctant to those rash actions remained silent but nodded in affirmation. Cabinet members also murmured in low voices as the inevitable was about to happen.
________________
Throughout Southeast Asia, millions of people stood waiting for the announcement from the chairman of the country. In EDSA, traffic stopped as thousands of Filipinos gathered. Merdeka Square in Jakarta was filled to the brim with Indonesians, and the Hue Walking Street was jam-packed with Vietnamese. In Singapore, millions offered silent prayers for the casualties of the war, while Bangkok hosted ceremonies to honor the dead and raise funds for the victims. Laos and Cambodia similarly offered their support and sympathy to those affected by the war. Brunei initiated several movements throughout the region to offer prayers and support for everyone involved, and Myanmar held silent prayers, released sky lanterns, and provided support for the casualties despite the worsening situation within the country. Member states, caught in the quagmire called war, now awaited Ahmed Hee, who was about to begin his speech.

Another Worldly Summons जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें