Chapter 54: Campaign Resumption

Middle Eastern colonies of the Parpaldian Empire

An army of over 7,000 strong Hanson rebel forces marched towards one of the remaining major loyalist cities in the Eastern territories, which was unsuccessfully captured by Remille rebel forces as their attempt to coup was foiled by the loyalist commander of those settlements.

The one leading them is a former captain of a silver-class cruiser of the Milishial Imperial Navy, Fayne, who was convicted of neglect of duty, double counts of felony of authorization of selling some weapons aboard their ships outside the country, and drug use during duty.

Furthermore, he is one of the few remaining members of the remnants of the now defunct all-milishial volunteer forces of the Parpaldian foreign legion that has been spared from being slaughtered by ASEAN or deserted and running away from Parpaldia to save their hide. Fayne was one of the few Milishials who chose to align themselves with Remille.

"Lord Fayne, the city of Marva, according to our spies, has only a pitiful 1,100 men strong, and more than half of those are awfully equipped, and it has an almost non-existent artillery force, with no wyvern forces."

The messenger said it to the annoyed Milishial, who is currently riding a carriage that's very uncomfortable for him. "Double the speed of our march and send our cavalrymen as the vanguard. I want our forces to reach and surround that city within an hour."

As the large rebel forces approached Marva at an alarming speed, unbeknownst to them, something in the sky was watching their movements quite closely since they entered their effective range.

City of Marva, 3rd Rapid Response Artillery Battalion

Inside the fire direction center of the Southeast ASEAN field artillery units that are deployed in the defected city of Marva chose to surrender to ASEAN a few days after the beginning of the large-scale operation. with the mediation of Muish information brokers who are relatives of the current city mayor, thus making this city one of the few settlements that defected to ASEAN outside the core nation of Parpaldian, with the exception of Duro, now called the Doric community. However, the occupation force was delayed for almost 2 weeks due to a shortage of manpower before finally reaching and reinforcing this destination. Nevertheless, before the reinforcements came in, there were dozens of forward SOF units that were deployed and tasked to protect the leader of the defectors rather than the city, as they didn't know if they might be attacked by loyalists or keep them at bay if they ever changed their minds.

"That carriage in the middle is heavily escorted by the rebels, probably where their commander is residing." The staff of the FDC of the 3rd RRAB of the SEADF is guessing where the commander of rebel forces is sitting. This SEADF unit was newly activated from scrapped and recycled units from Thai and Indonesian inventory, which is made up of 450 personnel and 24 M109 A4/A5 self-propelled guns, with another infantry battalion escorting this unit equipped with Manpads and armored vehicles such as the M113, which provide the bulk of anti-personnel and limited anti-air capabilities to secure their perimeters.

"They are 17 klicks out. Do we really need to wait until our units begin yelling 'horizontal fire?'."

"Orders not to unnecessarily kill any of Remille's men if possible, most of them are slaves or people of the colonies, the government doesn't want to antagonize any colonies after this war." One of the secondary priorities of ASEAN in this war was not to kill any colonists if possible, to lessen the possibility of them being antagonized at the end of the war.

"Then why the hell are they still advancing here? We've got a bunch of our flags waving in every corner of this place."

"They are maybe using some outdated information. That's why they are advancing here. With the thought that the city was still under Imperial control, Hanson probably doesn't have a proper intelligence unit to grasp what was happening in the city or who was in control right now."