"You must swear immediately among the people of the Underworld your Kingship."

"Woah, what?"

Claire says, while getting up from the floor.

"That's why you killed the King?"

I hesitate before I turn around. Or try to turn around.
My body is in a still position, my mind wants to turn around and explain myself, but the darkness is overwhelming and wants to let the Witches do the talking.
I can hear and feel Claire's pain, she is being tormented by my incapability to turn around.

"So what, you're just going to shut me out?"

"No."

Is all I manage to say. The darkness within me vibrates through my body, anger filling the gaps. It's angry that I spoke to her, but I believe that love overpowers this darkness any day.

"Then talk to me."

"I can't,"

"The darkness within him, it's not letting him speak."

Kai says walking towards Claire.

"He is unable to control it, but within time, and my sisters teachings, he'll be able to... But for now, you must stick by his side, every step of the way. You must open yourself back up to him. Your love is the only thing that can push the darkness away. Don't let him out of your sight."

Claire stays silent for a moment. Her silence fills the air, making an uncomfortable feeling rise.

"Do you understand?"

Kai commands.

"I understand."

"Then go to him, we have to initiate him."

"Alright."

When she grabbed me, I instantly sniffed her wonderful aroma that she had surrounding her. Japanese Cherry Blossom. The scent fills my nostrils and all I can do is focus on her. She is supporting me as we walk towards the higher part of the tower, the only room that the city can Abe seen from. Majority of the people will be able to gather, while the others say tuned at home or told on the streets.

"Are you okay?"

She said to me sweets and softly. I could listen to her voice all day if I wanted to. The question she asked me... Am I okay? I think.

"I feel better when I'm around you."

"Well that's good."

I don't have the feeling that she's still upset about me killing Jesiah, but then again I just don't think she dropped the subject so quickly.

"When I'm done getting initiated, I want to have a word with you."

"Okay."

We walked through ten foot five inches, Maple wooden doors. The entry was beautiful, but I felt underdressed. My shirt was ripped, but I was healed. Blood was on my chest, while my boots tracked blood behind me.

"Do I have to change?"

"No, they must see you how you are, what you received but why you are alive.. I need you to wait right here and come forth when I announce your name."

He walks forward, towards the crowd that had gathered because of an urgent message. Sent, played and displayed all around the Underworld. Urgent gathering in the towns square. Listen or come.

"Ladies, gentleman, and those of all other sorts. We must have a new era begin. A new chapter in our life, King Jesiah is dead!"

An eruption of cheers and gasps fill the gaps of silence. I feel overwhelmed, but a little nervous. What if they don't like me?