Chapter 14: Baby Names

Claire's P.O.V

I mentally stumble when I am to just sit here with Xylon. He has me wrapped in his embrace, not wanting to let go. My mind drifts in and out of reality, until it settles in a world unlike ours. The house is gone, with trees upon trees filling in the scenery. There's a figure standing before me, there isn't a definite shape or face, just a definite figure of someone standing before me. I have nothing to give to this figure, just a confused smile and wave of my hand. When I wave my hand, the figure vanishes within the scenery and I'm left alone with my thoughts.
I try to think back on the other day, when I was waiting for Xylon to return home to me. I wasn't able to think straight, or breathe. Whenever I thought of him, which was all the time, would cause my lungs to close while I balled my eyes out. I almost missed my intake of blood one day because I was so focused on Xylon leaving me.
I remember when I first came to. I remember lying in the bed, comfortable as hell, and slowly creaking out. It would of been nice to wake up to see someone's face when I first woke up, but good thing it didn't happen, I wouldn't have been able to have my first encounter with Xylon. Though he was really intimidating, I wanted to kiss him. Deep inside I yearned for him, but I didn't know what it meant yet. Thinking back on it now, it all makes sense. The constant thoughts of him, because he is mine. Just like in the bed time stories that my parents would read me:
Once the mating between the two was complete, they had the right to call each other mine.
Xylon is mine.
Forever and always.
The thought of all of it, makes my non-beating heart ache. I go to grab my chest, because I'm not able to take the feelings all in at once. The feelings surfacing in like this is overwhelming, and annoying.
Xylon feels what I am doing and stares at me in confusion. His face is extremely adorable when he is confused... Cute when he's sleeping, and extremely sexy when he's mad. Though I hate seeing him get angry, I would only want to see him that way, to only stare at his perfection.
Since my thoughts have crossed over to a new topic, I completely forgot that Xylon was, and still is staring at me, confused.

"Sorry, I was thinking."

I say moving out of his grasp to just sit in front of him. He doesn't becomes fazed by my actions, he just begins to think about what I said. I see the corners of his mouth rise, signaling him thinking about something devious.

"About me?"

He says with a smirk now on his face. I smile back at him with a short laugh following it. Little does he know, that yes, I was in fact thinking about him.

"Actually yes."

"What about me?"

"My range of sexiness of you, depending on your emotion that you decide to reflect."

"What emotion represents sexiness?"

"Anger."

He begins to think about it, while my gaze falls to the bed and its sheets.

"You find that sexy? When I'm angry?"

"Though it does frighten me, yes, I find it sexy."

When I look up to look at Xylon, I see that he has already locked his eyes on me, I lower my body down on the bed, as my left arm supports my head. Xylon keeps his eyes on me and waits till I'm comfortable before speaking.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. You?"

"Good. Has the baby..."

"The baby is draining me of my energy. I want to sleep, but the moment I go to, the baby keeps me awake. Like the baby is on your time schedule."

"Good to know. Here."

Xylon moves his body backwards, to just reach over to the cooler laying on his nightstand. He opens the cooler and I just get lost in the way his body is moving. I am able to get a glance at his abs, that perfect six pack. The way the muscles are forming around his body to perfect it. He then pulls a blood bag out of the cooler and I feel my skin burn. My gums turn to pain, while my stomach is screaming.
But I just ate, I don't want to keep drinking blood like an addict.