Chapter 10🥺

Vanya, could you please go to Adi's office to give him file? Everyone is busy, and I have very urgent work at the NGO," her mother-in-law said in a pleading tone

"Okay, Mom, don't worry. I'll go give him file ," Vanya said.

On her way, a sense of foreboding gripped Vanya, because her mind is still stucked in afternoon conversation of  chachi and rashmi.
as if impending doom lurked around every corner.

When she finally reached the entrance, the receptionist's question felt like a distant echo in her ears.

"I want to meet Aditya," she managed to murmur, her voice barely audible.

"Do you have an appointment, ma'am?" the receptionist inquired.

"No, he's my husband," Vanya replied, "Can you please tell me the way to his cabin?"

Sorry mam , it's on 40th floor , receptionist said.

As she made her way to the lift, her heart pounded against her chest like a relentless drumbeat. Every step felt heavier than the last, each second stretching into an eternity of uncertainty.

When she reached the 40th floor and opened the door to Aditya's cabin, her worst fears were realized.

Aditya sat at his desk, oblivious to her presence, while another woman clung to him in a way that shattered Vanya's world. The sight seared through her like a dagger to the heart, leaving her breathless and paralyzed.

Numbness engulfed her, but beneath it, a storm of emotions raged. Anguish, betrayal, and disbelief warred within her, threatening to consume her whole. Tears welled up in her eyes, blurring her vision as they cascaded down her cheeks like a relentless torrent.

Without a word, Vanya turned away, her footsteps faltering as she stumbled out of the cabin. She barely registered the collision with Siddharth, her mind consumed by the agony of betrayal. Ignoring his concerned inquiries, she fled, seeking solace in the solitude of her shattered heart.

As Siddharth entered the cabin, his eyes widened in shock at the sight before him. There, in an intimate embrace, was Aditya with Shanaya, his ex-girlfriend. Confusion and disbelief clouded Siddharth's mind as he struggled to comprehend what he was witnessing.

"What is Shanaya doing here? And what are you both doing?" Siddharth's voice trembled with a mix of frustration and confusion as he confronted Aditya.

Aditya forcefully pushed Shanaya away, his face contorted with anger. "Stop your nonsense, Shanaya," he snapped, his tone harsh and defensive.

"Adi, why did Vanya leave crying? What happened between both of you?" Siddharth's words pierced through the tense atmosphere, demanding answers.

Aditya's expression turned to one of extreme shock, his mind reeling with the realization of Vanya's departure. "What? Where is Vanya?" he asked, his voice betraying his confusion.