25

My phone dinged again.

Fuck you Dimitri! I helped your mom. Pick up my calls.

I sighed, Jake was relentless. Like a cockroach.

I continued scrolling through the multiple job ads on some random website.

Babysitter needed.

I could do that.

Another text chimed in.

I'm gonna call one more time Dimitri, and you better pick up or I swear...

No sooner that two seconds, his number popped up ony screen as my ringtone, baby got back blasted at full volume.

I picked up my phone, agitated.

“What? What?!”

“Is that anyway to talk to the guy who literally took care of your mother?” he sassed.

“okay, tell me what do you want?”

“i just wanna talk Dimitri....will you hear me out?”

“It depends on what you'll spit out.”

“Man you've gotten feisty,” he giggled,“anyway, I wanted to invite you over to dinner at my place.”

“Jake I....”

“And before you decline, remember I could've called the cops on your mother, but I didn't.”

“Dinner, whatever. At what time?”

“Seven pm-ish.”

“how will I know you won't try to poison me?”

“I'll order some Chinese food, okay? I just wanna spend time with you.”

“if you say so...Oliver.”

“It's Mr Oliver to you baby.”

“Ugh.” I hung up and went back to job hunting.

Nurse wanted.

Maybe. I'd look so cute as a nurse.

I heard my ringtone blare again.

Jake Beatrice Oliver if it's you I swear on all things.....

It was Grey.

“Hello?”

“Stop hello-ing me and bring your motherfuckin' ass over here.” he said,“it's an emergency!”

“hold up...where are you?”

“I'll send you the location. Just hurry fucker.”

֎֎֎֎֎֍

I arrived at the little Ice cream parker sweating like hell.

I took a moment to catch my breath.

“i'd recognize that mop of blonde goodness anywhere.” I heard Grey say.

“What's happening? Where's the emergency?!” I breathed out harshly.

“Relax Cinderella, just take a seat right here...” he directed me to one of the cherry themed seats.

“What's the Emergency Greyson?”

“Cool your panties, someone's here to see you.”

He stepped aside and lo and behold, Kain. Except he was standing right in the sun's glare and looked like a fucking angel.

But when he took a seat I realized things were so different.

He took off his sunglasses, and I saw his eyes. His poor eyes with eyebags that could carry the rest of the world. And a bruise on his cheek. His hair was messy and had little lints on it. The guilt hit me like a train. I did this to him. I'm a monster.