1O: A secret between us

"Princess!" Said Prince Jaeyun and pulled Princess Gwayoung to leave the king's dining hall. They ran as far as they could until they reached the middle of the bridge.

"Why are you pulling me out?! What are you doing here? Who are you!? You ruined it." Princess Gwayoung said angrily.

"First, I pulled you out from there because only you, me, your father and the late king knew about the tattoo. My family doesn't know about it." Prince Jaeyun said panting.

"Second, I'm here because I miss you so much.

Third, I am Prince Jaeyun."

"H-h-how..." She gasped.

"Roses? The first time we met I didn't even know Geom was you. During the day we met at the perfume shop, I can feel that you are Princess Gwayoung because you hold a perfume that smells like roses and i heard you say my name."

"I know Heeseung and Jongseong see you in the palace more often than I do, my father stopped me from seeing you because of the letter." Prince Jaeyun explained all the misunderstandings that had happened.

"But I didn't notice Jongseong when he came to the palace. Which one is him?"

"The one who proposed to you earlier."

"The unknown boy really kept his promise." Princess Gwayoung sighed heavily and sat on the bridge.

Prince Jaeyun hugged her from behind.

"Do you know how much i miss you?"

"Is it same like me?" Princess Gwayoung replied casually.

"Maybe more than your's." He said while smiling and strengthened their hug.

"If only we had gotten married 9 years ago, all this might not have happened."

"If we got married 9 years ago, I'm sure our lives would not be safe now." Princess Gwayoung said while laughing.

9 years ago Princess Gwayoung once showed the tattoo to Prince Jaeyun because she caught a glimpse of it on his ankle when they were playing together.

"Jaeyun, we have the same tatoo?"

Prince Jaeyun was surprised to see the same tattoo on Princess Gwayoung's ankle.

"What is this tattoo for?" They both wondered.

But after hearing the news that soon they will get married. Prince Jaeyun sensed something his family was hiding.

3 Week Ago

"Mom, it's me Jaeyun." Prince Jaeyun said from outside the room.

"Let him in." Queen Jaehwa answered.

Prince Jaeyun entered and bowed his head. "Why did you call me?"

"I have to tell you something." Queen Jaehwa said with a serious voice.

"My son, do you want to take over the throne from your brother?"

Prince Jaeyun immediately shook his head.

"I have no such intention and I think I'm not good enough to rule this kingdom."

"My son, you are the only weapon, shield and mother's hope to defeat the influence and power of Queen Myunghee. I don't want to see my child oppressed by them." Queen Jaehwa said with teary eyes.

"Why not tell Jongseong to take the throne?" Prince Jaeyun said innocently.

"You were chosen by the late king to take the throne after your father. He already wrote the will for you. Now we just need to find where the letter is."