Champion of Flames

The war with Gaea had just ended, but with the cost of many demigods, including the seven of the prophecy, excluding Percy Jackson.

As the survivors were celebrating their victory against the earth mother and her Giant children, Percy sat at a table in a secluded spot as he grieved over the loss of his friends and girlfriend.

The war had taken every thing from him. His mother and step father were killed by Porphryion before the final battle and all of his friends had been killed except for Thalia and Nico. Thalia had fought with the hunters and Nico had summoned an army to fight with him.

Anger coursed through his heart like a wave.

Those giants and their bitch of a mother had destroyed his life. Unfortunately he couldn't take revenge on them because it would be a millennium before the primordial could even form a consciousness again.

He had no where to go and no other family besides his immortal one. Maybe he could go down to Atlantis to help his dad with rebuilding the city, but that thought quickly left his head when the thought of architecture entered his mind.

Annabeth had loved architecture, it was her most favorite thing in the world and when she had been made the architect of Olympus she had been so happy.

Percy shook his head of those thoughts and tried to watch the celebrations to take his mind off of his deceased girlfriend.

He watched as demigods got drunk and danced around, having fun with each other as they forgot about the war even if it was for a little while.

The Olympians talked with each other or were celebrating with their children as well. Minor gods, nymphs, and saytrs roamed around, talking with friends or family.

As Percy was lost in his thoughts he failed to notice the goddess walk up to him until she cleared her throat, making him jump a little.

"Lady Athena, what can I do for you?"

The goddess of wisdom smiled sadly at the boy. "I came to see how you were doing."

His eyes widened in surprise. "Why would you want to know how I am? Last I checked you hated me," he said frowning at her.

Athena looked at him with a scowl.

"I didn't hate you and I don't now. I just thought that you would be like your father and I didn't want my daughter to be around you because I wanted her to be safe. Turns out I was right, but I see that you loved each other and I guess that I should thank you for keeping my daughter happy. If it wasn't for you she might have died way before she did."

The son of Poseidon looked at Athena with a scowl of his own.

"I don't know if that was supposed to cheer me up or put me down, but uh thanks, I guess."

An amused smile graced her lips as she shook her head. Percy looked at her with wide eyes.

"Holy shit," Percy said, making her stare at him open mouthed.

"What?"

"Since when does the cold hearted goddess smile?"

She glared at him for his comment. "I can smile. Is it a crime?"

"No, but then again you are usually glaring at everybody and are very rude to people."

Her eyes became a very dark stormy grey. She was angry. How dare a mere demigod tell her that she was rude to people? He was, but an insolent boy.

"Excuse me? What makes you think you can disrespect me? I am an Olympian goddess and shall be treated like one."

Athena picked the wrong time to piss off this demigod.