𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 06

Past

She entered the lounge after placing the perfume in her room. He was already present with Nano, who smiled upon seeing her.

"What gift did Umar give you?" she asked Aleeza as soon as she saw her.

With a gentle smile, Aleeza sat down beside her on the sofa. "Didn't he tell you?" she asked, looking towards Umar, who was watching her with interest.

"No, he said it's a secret, but Aleeza can tell you," Nano had revealed.

Aleeza looked at him once again. "He gave me perfume," she said.

"Which perfume?" Nano's curiosity was piqued.

"Chanel No. 5," Aleeza replied.

"Your favorite perfume. How did Umar know that Aleeza likes perfume the most?" Nano asked Umar.

Umar had seen her, and she had averted her gaze.

"We know everything."
He had replied in a single sentence.

"Next time I'll give Aleeza 'Joy', and then 'Eternity'." He had revealed his plan a few moments later.

Aleeza looked at him intently. He was looking at Nano, not focused on her. She attempted to gauge the situation. "Is this..." but couldn't articulate her thoughts further.

Nano addressed her, "Look, Aleeza, Umar has put a lot of thought into this; you should also consider giving him something." Aleeza turned her gaze towards Nano.

"What should I give?" she asked, perplexed.

"Well, you should think about it," Nano withdrew her suggestion.

"Gifts are usually given by elders, not younger ones, and Aleeza is younger than me," Umar smoothly redirected the conversation.

"Yes, if someone wants to give me a gift, then Grandpa or you should give it to me, because you are older than me."

"What kind of gift do you want?" Nano also became interested.

"Anything nice, like an Armani suit, Denim jeans, a Christian Dior watch, or perfumes from Play Boy or Lomani," he listed a variety of items.

"Perhaps it would be easier if I just give you a check."

"Yes, that's a better idea. You're quite innovative," Umar remarked in a playful tone.

Aleeza listened silently to their banter.

Nano was normally serious, she didn't speak much, but since Umar's arrival, everything had changed. She found herself laughing more often now; Umar was quite talkative, and his sense of humor was infectious. He always managed to say something that would leave them in stitches.

While Nano typically only spoke when necessary, on the days when one of her grandchildren visited, she would be exceptionally happy. However, Umar's presence seemed to have amplified this joy. The arrival of Umar had brought about more changes between Nano and Nana than ever before.

Aleeza observed Nano's mood, still filled with laughter. She was sharing anecdotes with Umar, her laughter resonating throughout the room. Meanwhile, Aleeza's thoughts drifted elsewhere.

"Can Nano laugh like this at something I say?" she pondered, attempting to rationalize, but found herself shaking her head in disappointment.

"No, she doesn't laugh like this at anything I say. In fact, she advises me not to laugh too loudly," she reflected.

"Could I ever be like Umar?" She attempted to delve into the thought once more, but her train of thought was disrupted.

"Aleeza, how many friends do you have?" Umar inquired.