Chapter 44

Jin's footsteps echoed through the hallway, the anticipation building as he approached the scene. The room was alive with laughter and the clinking of utensils against plates, a symphony of joy that seemed to permeate the air. As he entered, a tableau of happiness unfolded before him – a harmonious sight of his friends, smiles adorning their faces, lost in the pleasure of a shared meal.

Little Joonie, the youngest member of their group, had found a cozy spot on Kookie hyung's lap, his innocent laughter resonating with the carefree ambiance. The room was filled with the aroma of the feast, and everyone seemed to be relishing the moment. Yet, as fate would have it, the missing presence of the Got 7 team cast a subtle shadow over the festive gathering.
Earlier, a call had summoned them away, robbing them of the chance to witness the comedic antics of Seokjin and the sharp wit of RM. The empty chairs served as a silent reminder of the missed camaraderie, leaving the room with an unfulfilled void.

Jin, however, pushed aside the storm brewing in his mind, choosing to immerse himself in the distraction of food. The clatter of cutlery against plates mirrored the tempest of conflicting thoughts within him. With each bite, he attempted to silence the inner turmoil, seeking refuge in the simplicity of the act – eating.
Just as he thought the chaotic tempest in his mind was settling, Little Joonie's innocent query shattered the illusion of tranquility.
Big Joonie, why does it feel like you change every time I see you?" inquired the little one, innocence painted across his face.
"Ah, my little prince, your perceptiveness is truly remarkable for someone so young," RM chimed in, not realizing the impending revelation of his well-kept secret to Park Hoon.
"Well, you see, our Joon hyung is quite the adventurer with his hair. He loves experimenting with different styles and colors. He's like a hair chameleon," Jimin quickly explained, concocting a hasty excuse.
"But Joonie wants to try different hair colors too!" the little prince insisted.
"Ah, my little Prince,it's not advisable to dye your hair so much. That's something only adults can do. Look, even we don't change our hair colors," Jin advised with a touch of wisdom.
"That means you're not adults yet! But you're so tall, especially you, Jin hyung," the little one pointed out.
"He's technically an adult, just not mentally," RM slyly remarked.
"Yah! Why do you always have to tease me? Can't I catch a break?" Jin retorted with a sigh, setting off another round of bickering between the two.
"Big Joonie, why did the plushie change its color? It used to be blue with purple eyes, and now it's all red and black. I liked it better before. Why did it change?" questioned little Joonie, his curiosity extending to even the inanimate objects around him.
"Ah, well, you see... I, um, replaced it. The old one, it got dirty, and, uh, accidentally torn by me..i guess. Sorry about that," Jungkook stammered, attempting to navigate the delicate situation with the finesse of a tightrope walker.
"Huh? You tore it? Can I still call you with this one? And can I get the old one back, please? I liked it more," pleaded Little Joonie, his attachment to the previous plushie evident in his tone.
"You can call with a plushie? What kind of magic is that? You even know how to handle a mobile? Wow!" exclaimed Park Hoon, marveling at the unexpected revelation.
RM, caught off guard by the innocence of Little Joonie and unexpected interest in plushie communication by Park Hoon, his mind scrambled to find an explanation.
No, it is a plushie....
"Yes, we gave him a mobile and he calls it a plushie. Don't mind the kid," Jin casually dismissed, Little Joon's rant attempting to downplay the peculiar situation.
However, Park Hoon, a discerning soul not easily swayed by half-baked excuses, found Jin's explanation quite lacking. To him, it was nothing short of a nonsensical attempt to mask the truth. RM, sensing the brewing skepticism, sighed audibly and shook his head, the precursor to what seemed like a revelation.
It's not just a plushie. It's a toy, a wolf plushy, to be exact. I gave it to Little Joon. Now, here's the kicker – the toy comes equipped with a tracker and a voice recorder. It's for his safety," RM disclosed, dropping the bombshell with a mix of seriousness and a hint of humor.
"I told you everything honestly. No need to go hovering around our little Joonie and inspecting the toy," he added, his gaze locking sternly onto Park Hoon. The room fell into a hushed silence, the tension palpable as everyone awaited Park Hoon's response.
The others stared at RM in shock after his candid revelation. He shrugged off their bewildered looks, casually resuming his meal.
"What? He's not an outsider. I'd rather he knows the truth than lurk around trying to figure it out himself," RM stated matter-of-factly.
"No, that's not what we meant. It's just that you dropped all of that out of the blue, and we were caught off guard,"Hoseok chimed in, attempting to lighten the peculiar mood with a half-smile.
As soon as Park Hoon disappeared from sight, chaos erupted among the remaining members. The room transformed into a whirlwind of hushed discussions, furrowed brows, and shared glances laden with unspoken questions. RM's revelation had opened a Pandora's box of uncertainties, and the group found themselves caught in a web of intrigue and confusion.
RM! Why spill the truth? And it wasn't even the whole truth!" Yoongi exclaimed, his voice carrying a mix of frustration and concern.