[>Chapter 9: Hikaru Kamiki>]

Hikaru Kamiki.

That is the name that my parent have given me.

I was born normal and perfectly healthy with a set of a happy couple as my family.

My childhood is quite colourful as any other child can be.

My parents is always there for me growing up, and they always try their best to provide me with every love any children would have love as a kid.

My mom always try her best to provide me the best childhood and she is a wonderful mother.

I always grateful for them.

My mother is sometimes too kind for her own good.

She always help people whether their nice or bad to her. She always prioritize everyone except for her own.

That is the part that I sometimes struggle to understand.

There was a moment when we were outside at a park, she was helping another kids from falling after bump into her. The kids just laugh and ran away as so as he gotten to his feet.

I don't understand why she look so happy after helping that kid when the kids didn't even thank her.

" Mom, why do you look so happy after helping him? Is it because his face was funny after filling to the dirt?" I ask her while looking up to her.

She smile and chuckle softly while responding back to my question to me as she patting me on the head gently.

"Hikaru dear, I'm happy because I'm able to help someone. Helping people who are in need is how I show my care even if they are a stranger.

Hehe, you know? Your father ask the same question on our first date.

Even he was curious about it."

She continues to pat me as she tell her story while we're walking towards home.

"So, it like generosity?"

My mother nodded as she continues to talk.

"I hope you can understand it, because I'm bad at explaining, my little hero."

"So, not because his face has dirt on it?"

"It's not, honey. If you ever seen anyone fall like that, help them and don't laugh at them okay? It's not good to do that."

"Okay mom!" As I hold her hand and walk around the corner as arrived at our home to get ready for dinner.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My father is involved with the acting and stage play. When he's at home, he would always spoil mom with luxury or anything just to see her smile.

They weren't dating before marriage, they were arrange by their parents to be married. But they fall in love when they married.

I guess they both are that happy couple you would see on the street regardless of their age.

But until one summer later, my mom passed away.

She was diagnosed with some undetected illness that cost her own life. She died in the hospital with me and my father by her bedside.

My face were stained with my own tear.

I couldn't process the funeral and I just don't know how to correctly react. My father kept on hugging me all throughout the funeral.

Since then, my father have been supporting me. He attended my parent teacher conference at school, taking care of the housework and always been there for me.

Every month, we would visit mom grave and spend our time there together.

My father became quite a workaholics as his work kept coming in. Whether it's stage acting or as an extra, he still makes times to spend with me.