Nobody's Hero (black veil brides)

**Audrey's POV**

Another day at school. All the same teachers and kids. Kids that hate me. I don't know why they bully me. Probably because I dont listen to the shit music they like or because of the way I dress. Im not normal like other kids. I like Black Veil Brides, Avenged Seven Fold, and Blood On The Dance Floor. I listen to more bands like that but there's to many to name. I like to dress in black...alot. I hate pink and like to mix some neon colors into my style.

Im 17 and can't wait to turn 18. That way my abusive mother can't do anything when I move out. Yeah, she hits me everyday when she gets home from her drinking fest. She wasn't always like that. She used to love me and hug me everyday, but after my father died when I was 5 she started drinking...alot.

I never have a time to escape this hell hole of a life. All day at school Im bullied and when I get home my mom is there waiting for me. The only time i get to be by myself is when she's passed out on the couch. When that happens, I run upstairs to my room and pull out my box of blades. I pull out the sharpest one and take it into the bathroom.

But today I wasn't going to think about all the sadness in my life. Today I was very happy because I was able to save up enough money to get tickets to see my favorite band Black Veil Brides play live. I was going to have to sneak out because my mom obviousely wouldn't let me go.

I finally got home after the Long walk from school (i walk everyday beacause I have no car). Once I walked in the door, my mom pushed me down and yelled "Audrey! Where the fuck have you been!?". I got up and said quietly "I stopped at the gas station to get something to drink". Right after I said that my face was stinging. My mom had slapped me and yelled even louder "with who's money!? Did you steal from me again!?". By this time she slamed the door shut, slapped me again and told me to go to my room without letting me respond to her statement.

I ran upstairs to my room and shut the door. I went up to my mirror that hangs on my closet door that's long enough for me to see my whole body. I looked at the side of my face to see a bright red handprint. It was throbbing.

It was 4 in the afternoon so i had 2 hour's to get ready for the show. I ran down the hall to the bathroom so i could take a shower. I turned on the water and waited for the water to warm up. I take really hot and long showers. Today I was going to take a quick shower so i have time to get ready. I looked in the mirror and the handprint was fading, thank you jinxx! (i say jinxx instead of god because I don't beleive in him) I didn't want anyone especaily none of BVB to see it.

I took a good 10 minute shower and stepped out and wraped myself in a towel and wraped one around my hair. I opened the door and walked down the hall and stopped to peer into my mom's room. She was asleep. Hopefully she stays like that until I get back. I tip-toed back to my room to be sure not to wake up my mom.

I got in my room and closed the door quietly. I walked over to my closet to choose my clothes. I took my towel off and put on some underwear and a bra. Since the concert would be inside and there will be alot of people there (so it'll be hot) I chose my black short shorts that go less than half way down my theigh. I got out my favorite BVB shirt and put it on tieing it up in the back so you could see my belly button (like I said, it'll be hot). My shirt shows Andy (lead singer) in the middle standing crossing his arms. Then Ashley (bassist and back ground vocals) on Andy's left side and Jake (2nd guitar) on Andy's right. They had Jinxx (lead guitar) behind Ashley and CC (drums) behind Jake. Other than Andy, they were doing some pretty weird poses. But Im good with weird.

After I got dressed I got out my straightener and blow dryer. I blow dryed my hair and straightened it. My hair is what people now call 'scene'. I don't like that term. My hair is origanlly a brown with alot of blonde highlights but I died it black when I was 12 and I kept it like that ever since. I don't do anything specail to my hair other than wear a black and neon blue beanie. I put on some thick black liquid eyeliner. Thats the only type of makeup I wear. It looks good with my grey eyes and pale skin.

I checked my phone to see the time. It said 5:40. I quickly put on my black vans and checked myself in the mirror to see if I looked decent enough. I looked pretty good. I walked over to my door and locked it then walked to my window. I opened it and stuck my left foot out first then my right and now I was just sitting on the ledge. I looked down and it was about a 10 foot drop but considering Im tall for my age it probably wouldn't hurt. I jumped and landed on my feet stumbling a little.

I ran about 2 blocks before I started walking. I wanted to make sure my mom didn't wake up and find me. I checked my phone again and it read 5:45. "Shit" I whispered to myself. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the White Rabbit, 5 if I had a car. I started walking a bit faster and noticed a few guys ahead of me so i decided to cross the streat.

I heard footsteps behind me and turned around to see now only 2 men a few feet away from me whispering and looking down. Then I thought where the fuck is the other guy. I turned around and saw the other guy in front of me. I said "sorry" and tried to get around him but he blocked me. I tried to turn around but he grabbed my wrist. I turned to look at him and said through gritted teeth "let me go and i won't hurt you". I know it sounds cheesey but it works.

He laughed at me and tightened his grip. I smiled and kneed him in the crotch. He let go of my wrist and the guys behind me tried to grab me but I have fast reflexes and got away.

I ran all the way to White Rabbit knowing i'll be a few minutes late to the show. In my mind all I keep thinking is that they might not let me in because i get there late.

When I turned onto the street White Rabbit's on, i saw a big guy letting in two squeling girls wearing BVB shirts and had war paint on. The first girl that went in had war paint like ashley's and the other had random war paint.

The guy was about to close the door but I screamed at him to stop. He looked up. At first he didn't know who was yelling at him but when he heard me running up to him he said "sorry kid, once I move this door stop then the door closes and no one else come's in". I almost got on my knee's just to beg him to let me in. "please, let me in, someone tried to mug me that's why i got here late, you have to let me in!" I pleaded. "likely story, I'm not letting you in now beat it!" he was yelling by the end if his sentence. I wasn't going to argue I just walked around the corner into an alley next to the rabbit.

I slumped to the grown and started crying. I must've been there for hour's. I cried so much I didn't even see the same guy that tried to mug me (atleast thats what I thought he was gonna do) walk up to me and punch me. I tried to get up but he just kept on hitting me and kicking me. I could tell it wasn't just him though, his freind(s) came over and helped him.

They finally stopped and walked away laughing. I didn't even try to get up. I just layed there and cryed even more. I didn't notice someone picked me up until i was inside the warm building and while I was being carried I fell asleep in who ever's arm's these were.