29

A/N: Hello friends. This is continuation of the last chapter. Please read the author's note at the end.

*****

"A kid of our own?" Michael's mouth fell agape. "Kids are.. well kids are a lot of work, Lukey.. and a lot of money and time.."

"And a lot of love!" Luke added, smiling big. "We could do it, Mikey! We could adopt a little girl or boy and they'd always be cared for!"

"I don't think that's a very good idea at this time, baby," Michael sighed heavily, knowing it was hard on his kitten. "Maybe one day in the future we'll look into it. We just got settled in, we can't have a kid just yet. I'm sorry."

"But Michael-"

"I said no, Luke!"

"O-Okay," Luke whimpered, cowering when Michael raised his voice. "No kids, I get it. I'll be at h-home."

*****

Michael arrived home shortly after Luke with a bouquet of flowers and some ice cream in hopes to make his baby feel better.

"Where's Luke?" He asked while putting the rocky road ice cream away and the flowers in a vase.

"In his room," Calum responded, picking his head up from where it was rested in Ashton's lap. "What happened? He seemed upset."

"He asked me if we could have a kid," Michael explained. "I said no."

Calum put his hand over his mouth, surprised, but Ashton wasn't phased. He had already knew about Luke's desire.

"Did you guys know he wanted one?"

"No."

"Yes," Ashton said guiltily. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you- he asked me not to. I told him that he was too young and it's just not the right time."

"Are you guys serious?" Calum scoffed, sitting up abruptly. "There will never be a right time to have a child! But I personally think now is a good time. We're all working so we have money, Luke can stay home and watch the kid.."

"But what if something happens and the police find us? The kid will be put up for adoption, we can't do that to the child," Michael argued. "There will be better times to adopt a kid than now and Luke needs to realize that."

"Okay," Calum nodded reluctantly. "Just go comfort him or else he won't talk to you for the next week."

Michael headed into their bedroom and pushed the wooden door open, finding Luke curled up in bed watching Monsters INC. on their laptop with a box of tissues beside him.

"Hey babe," He said softly. Luke paused the movie and sat up in bed, eyes red and puffy. Michael mentally awed at the sight.

"Hi Michael.."

"Do I have permission to hold you?"

"P-Please," Luke croaked, breaking out in sobs. Michael hurried over and wrapped the smaller boy in his arms, rocking him gently and rubbing his back.

"What's this all about, darling? I know you aren't sobbing just because I said no to a kid."

"M-Miss my parents," Luke wailed. "I wanna g-go home.. just let me turn myself i-in.." His tail curled around his and Michael's body.

Michael frowned. "I know.. I miss home, too.. and mum and dad.. but it's going to be okay. This is our home now. You have me and Calum and Ashton, and Louis and Harry and Piper."

Luke chuckled at the thought of the sassy six ("and a half!") year old down the hall.

"I know it's hard, my love. But it'll all feel alright soon. Just hang in there for me. Can you do that, Lukey?"

"I'll do anything for y-you, Mikey," He smiled sadly. "But this isn't my home."

"What do you mean by that?"

"This isn't m-my home, because my home is you."

"You're my home too, baby boy," Michael blushed, pressing a kiss to Luke's lips.

The two pulled away grinning.

Notes

Bappy Hirthday Huke Lemmings! You're nineteen, my little baby is growing up. Have a good day my love !!!

So obviously this story is coming to an end (it's my longest fanfic so far whoop) but I don't know how to end it or if there should be a sequel.

So here's what I need you guys to do!: comment yes or no on what you would like. you can also pm me ending ideas! (please do that one I need help)

Happy ending

Sad ending

Sequel

Thank you!

Jordan x

Edited July 2019