𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

"Clarisse did it!" A Hermes girl, Carson, screamed. This girl had some serious issues with Clarisse, and for the first time ever, Clarisse didn't do anything to her.

"What?" The curly haired demigods turned and glared at the other girl. She looked at Chiron with pleading eyes. She didn't feel like dealing with a punishment today, she had talked to her dad earlier. "I didn't! I swear!"

"I'm sorry Clarisse, but I can't really believe that," Chiron apologized. Carson smirked from behind him and kicked the evidence that it was fake.

Alana heard the whole thing and walked over. "She really didn't, sir," she said, glancing at Clarisse before giving Chiron her full attention. The daughter of Ares let out a breath of relief at the sound of her best friend's voice. "Trust me, I would be the first person to call Clarisse out on lying. Plus, she's been with me all day, ask Annabeth or Silena. How could she have done that without me knowing?" She quickly glared at Carson at the end. The other demigod gulped, knowing she was about to get caught for lying. She always forgot that Alana, the most trusted kid at camp, was friends with Clarisse.

The centaur looked at the young archer in deep thought. He believed Alana more than anyone else, he should probably trust her on this. He looked between all three girls and sighed. "Alright, Clarisse, you're free to go. Thank you, Alana. Now, Carson-"

Clarisse grinned and stuck her tongue out at the Hermes daughter. She glared at the best friends angrily. Alana and Clarisse got outside and smiled at each other. "Thanks Lana."

"I gotchu," Alana laughed.

"Seriously," the daughter of Ares started sincerely, "thank you for defending me. You didn't have to. Most people wouldn't."

The huntress shook her head. "I'll always defend you, Risse."

Alana laid against a crate in the truck, staring at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep. She didn't want to sleep. Sleep did things to the demigod now that she didn't like. Instead, she thought about how she needed to call Clarisse. The daughter of Ares needed to know about the chaos that was yesterday. That was all one day. Crazy.

Soon enough, all of her friends started waking up. They had been acting weird around Alana since Grover declared that he knew the lightning thief. She guessed they had their own little discussion about it, because she still didn't know who it was. They didn't want her to know for some reason. Maybe it was because she was friends with so many people. There were only a few people that Alana didn't like, meaning they probably thought she would be upset if it was her friend. It didn't matter to her. If they had proof this person was the lightning thief and caused all this trouble, she shouldn't be friends with them anyway.

Eventually, they decided that they should call camp to notify Chiron of the thief. Alana was going to hear this conversation and find out who the thief was, she didn't understand why they were being so secretive.

Ringing went through, signifying the iris call was working. "There. I've got a signal. Toss it, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth told Percy. Alana noticed how this was the second nickname she had given him.

"Okay, this will never stop being weird," Percy muttered.

"If you want the gods' attention, you have to pay for it." The daughter of Athena explained. "Oh, Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering. Okay, show me Camp Half-Blood. Chiron's office."

The archer got up as the call went through, and stood next to Annabeth in order to see in on the call. She also wanted to make sure that she could actually find out whatever information was being withheld from her. The younger demigods glanced at each other as Alana stood there, knowing she was about to find out something she wouldn't like.