Chapter 21: Shadows of Coruscant

Daenerys stood gracefully in the living quarters of her opulent penthouse on Coruscant, adorned in a long, flowing black dress adorned with silver jewelry and Targaryen sigils. Her hair cascaded down her back, braided to keep it away from her face. Before her, projected through a hologram, was Queen Amidala of Naboo, resplendent in her traditional royal gown.

"The meeting went well, Your Highness," Daenerys said respectfully to the hologram of Queen Amidala.

"That's good, Senator," Queen Amidala replied, her expression thoughtful. "I assume the Senate agreed on sanctions for the war?"

Daenerys nodded with a confident smile. "Yes, Your Highness. It took some negotiating, but the Senate has finally agreed to enact sanctions. Between myself and Senator Organa, we were able to sway some of the unsure votes. In a week, Highness, we will meet again to discuss which sanctions to implement."

Queen Amidala nodded in approval. "Well done, Senator Targaryen. At this rate, the war might end sooner than we think."

"Thank you, your highness," Daenerys replied with a respectful bow, her demeanor poised and professional. "How are you, Senator? I know it has been a while since you were on Naboo and with your dragon, Drogon."

"I am alright; the Senate has been relentless, but nothing I can't handle. Thank you for asking," Daenerys responded, her tone warm with gratitude. "As for Drogon, I do hope he is not causing too much trouble on Naboo while I have been gone. I have decided not to bring him to these Senate meetings because he has no real place to go on Coruscant."

"Nonsense," Queen Amidala interjected with a soft chuckle, raising her holographic hand. "Your dragon hasn't caused any trouble other than a shadow or two when he flies around the cities."

Daenerys sighed with relief. "That is good to hear."

"Well, I must attend to my duties," Queen Amidala stated, her hologram fading slightly. "Contact me again after the next Senate meeting or anything else that happens."

Daenerys nodded respectfully. "Of course, your highness. Thank you."

As the hologram vanished, Daenerys turned towards the balcony of her suite, and the bustling cityscape of Coruscant spread out before her. Her mind wandered to Anakin, a pang of longing tightening her chest as she thought of his touch and his presence.

Before she could dwell further on her thoughts, a knock at the door interrupted her reverie. Daenerys turned back towards the entrance as the door slid open, revealing Senator Bail Organa.

"Senator Targaryen," Senator Organa began solemnly. "We need to talk."

Daenerys gestured for Senator Organa to enter, her expression attentive. "Of course, Senator. Please, have a seat," she inquired, her demeanor shifting to one of focused determination.

Senator Organa settled into one of the armchairs facing the balcony, his expression serious yet measured. Daenerys took a seat on the couch opposite him, her brow furrowing slightly at the gravity of his demeanor.

"You care about ending the war and restoring democracy, as you have stated in the past, breaking the wheel that tyrants like the Separatists used to keep this war going?" Senator Organa began, his voice calm but determined.

Daenerys nodded, her gaze steady. "Yes, of course, Senator."

"I'm confused where this conversation is going. Am I being accused of something?" Daenerys asked with a hint of concern. "Are you accusing me of treason?" she added, her tone tinged with shock.

"No, no, of course not!" Senator Organa responded quickly, seeking to allay Daenerys' worries. He took a deep breath and a momentary pause, collecting his thoughts before proceeding.