Chapter 64 - The True Heir

The male turned around and stared at Jin Qiu in silent. He has a black hair and deep red eyes. But even so, it doesn't make him look frightening. He looks quite lovely instead. And such lovely person has been locked up in this tower for something he never do.

"Why did you suddenly appear in front of me?" Jin Qiu asked as he stood up from the bed. "Are you going to possess me again and harm Zhengsheng as he come here later?"

"I saw the same fate on you." Said the ghost. "He will betray you and leave you to be with someone else, and you will lose your life because you are begging for his love. That's why, I will help you and make sure you won't have the same fate like me."

Jin Qiu seemed to be thinking for a moment because what the ghost said remind him of something. It was the fate that supposed to happen to the original Jin Qiu. But everything changed now. "That won't happen."

"That's because you love him too much."

"No. That wasn't the reason why I choose to trust him. I'm not someone who came from this world and I'm sure you know about that as well. You summoned someone to this world too, right? Xiao Changming. What do you want him to do?"

The ghost smiled as he moves to the door. Of course, he doesn't need to open the door. He just went through the door.

Never in his life that Jin Qiu would ever imagine that he will walk around with a ghost. He just hope that he won't go crazy from interacting with the ghost too much.

Jin Qiu continued to follow the ghost until they arrived in the room where he got possessed before. He walked in and once again, looked around the room until he noticed the ghost pointing to a drawer from one of the tables.

"What do you want to show me?" Jin Qiu opened the drawer and saw a small old book. After flipping a few pages, he figured that this book is more like a diary. "Do you want me to read your diary?"

The ghost nodded his head. "You need to read that and then you will know why I summoned that man to this world."

Jin Qiu doesn't really know what the ghost mean, but he starts reading the diary. Good thing that he can understand every single things written in there.

As he read, morning changed to afternoon and afternoon changed to evening. Jin Qiu doesn't move away from the diary. Not even drink or eat. He was too immersed in the story written in that small book. He didn't even notice that the ghost has already disappeared since a while ago.

By the time he finished, it was already night and he could hear some noise outside the room. The noise then followed by a strong kick to the door that broke it down. The door fell with a loud thud and Jin Qiu just stared blankly as Ren Zhengsheng rushed into the room with worried expression.

"Zheng-"

"What happened? Did that ghost locked you in here and do something to you?" Ren Zhengsheng asked as he checked Jin Qiu from top to toe.

The reaction became quite common now that Jin Qiu started to chuckle. He thought he wouldn't be able to hear Ren Zhengsheng nagging until he defeat Mao Xiaodan, so this is really relieving.

"I'm fine." Jin Qiu replied. "I was just reading this book. It's really interesting that I forgot the time. Without I realized, I've already finished the book and the sky has already turned dark."

"Then why didn't you answer when we're looking for you earlier? I thought you got kidnapped by Mao Xiaodan."

"You called for me?"

"Everyone did." Ren Zhengsheng replied with serious expression. "Everyone called for you, even me. But there's no response. And the door was locked as well. That's why in the end, I choose to break it." He continued as he moved his gaze to look at the large painting. "He's dangerous, so it's better if we leave this tower as soon as possible. I don't want him to do something to you."