Chapter 21 - Western Continent

Jin Rong stared at Luo Zhugen with disbelief, but his gaze looked like someone who finally understands everything.

"You...so you're the one who killed my father!" He shouted. "The weapon that used to kill my father was a gun and you're holding it now. Ha! Who would have thought that the beloved concubine of the Emperor is a traitor who has this secret relationship with the Western Continent? I wonder if the Emperor knows about this matter. Or perhaps...General Luo helped you hiding it because you saved his son before?"

The matter about assassination, Luo Zhugen doesn't know anything about it, so he used the back of his gun to hit Jin Rong's face. "What kind of nonsense are you spouting now? I don't even know which one is your father and for your information, it's the first time I come to this place."

Jin Rong spitting the blood from inside his mouth and glared at Luo Zhugen. He might be afraid of Luo Hai, but not towards Luo Zhugen.

The more Jin Qiu watched it, the more he felt annoyed with his half brother. "You are now the head of the prestigious Jin Family, but you don't know what happened within the Empire? You didn't know that this man is the commander of the special troop trained personally by the Emperor to serve me?" He told the man the story that he's agreeing with Ren Zhengsheng before. "I heard that father was assassinated by someone from Western Continent, and then don't you think you should blame Western Continent instead of blaming random people? Do you want to lose your head or something?"

"You think I would feel scared with your threat?!"

"You think I'm threatening you now? Should I kill you or should I keep you alive? I wonder which one is better." Jin Qiu moved closer to his half brother and whispered in a low voice, only enough to be heard by Jin Rong. "And you better stop causing me trouble or I might reveal the fact that you got involved in the assassination of Zhengsheng's mother. You and the old man are really dirty after all."

Jin Rong gritted his teeth. At that time, their father was the one who asked Jin Qiu to make a plan for the assassination and he was the one who executed the plan. At that time, their father think that as long as they kill Ren Zhengsheng's mother, then Ren Zhengsheng won't be able to get the throne. But instead of stopping the man, the death became a trigger instead. Ren Zhengsheng started a rebel and killed every single member of Imperial Family, including the former Emperor and Empress.

"Song Yun and Xiang Ru have been missing and I want to find them, which is why I came here to bring Jin Troop along with me." Jin Qiu turns around and looked at Duan Huifang, who seemed to understand what he wants to do. "Let's move to my room so we can talk more about the detail on how we should find them." He continued. "They're quite precious, so I don't want to waste more time talking here."

Jin Qiu paused for a moment before he stepped out of the room. "Right, Jin Rong. I forgot to tell you that you're not qualified to become the family head. You're a coward." Said the man before he walked out, followed by Duan Huifang and the others.

Jin Rong just watched. His fist clenched before he throw the sword he's holding away. "Jin Qiu... I will make sure that you regret making me as your enemy. I will make sure that you will suffer because of what you did."

Once they reached Jin Qiu's room, Jin Qiu waste no more time as he took out a map and opened it on the table.

He pointed to one part of the map that showed the part of Western Continent. One whole continent ruled by one Emperor and that Emperor is none other than Meng Chen.

"I don't know if it's their doing or not, but at the palace where Song Yun and Xiang Ru went missing, we found a jade that supposed to belong to Xiao Changming. And as Luo Hai might have already aware, Xiao Changming is an assassin worked for Meng Chen. I'm afraid; this is their move to start war against Eastern Continent. And even though the situation is quite dire, Zhengsheng still refuse to move the Imperial Troop to try to look for Song Yun and Xiang Ru."