Ch. 12: Finding Hope

With Amity, she had come face to face with her first group of demons.

They weren't like the ones in the visions the Rebellion showed her, so she wasn't afraid to fight them.

"Can you tell me what these things are?" Amity asked her sword.

'These things are part of the Hell Seven, Prides to be specific.' Rebellion said.

'I feel like they going after me for a reason, but I can't put my finger on it.' Amity thought to herself.

"Kill Sparda! Kill Sparda!" One shouted, swinging its scythe at Amity.

"Well, they aren't big fans." Amity said, dodging the scythe.

Amity blocked and dodged more attacks before she sliced one's head off, killing it!

'That's it! Keep going!' Rebellion shouted.

"Fine but this is not how I thought I'd be spending my Saturday!" Amity said.

On instinct, Amity performed a split to dodge another Hell Pride before punching it in the stomach and spinning like a breakdancer to kip up!

'Not bad.' Rebellion said.

"Thanks!" Amity said before drawing a spell circle, summoning abominations. "Abominations, attack!"

The abominations went to attack. The Hell Prides were confused by this, having never seen creatures like this, but still attacked.

'These things won't work for long. They're durable but they don't have much brain power.' Rebellion said.

"They'll do. And I can finish them off while they're distracted!" Amity said before grinning, gripping rebellion's handle. "Okay, big boys, let's dance!"

Amity rushed forward as Rebellion dragged behind her.

'Why did I say that?' Amity thought before she jumped up with a flip and sliced a Pride down from behind.

She was moving, and slowly acting, far differently than she normally would.

Faster, wilder, and more flirtatious? Amity was channeling her inner 'Dante' and dancing like a party girl as she killed the Hell Prides.

'I hate yet love this feeling!' Amity thought, ducking back from a slash and jumping into a spin to kill three demons at once.

She cut another, before delivering a million stab move to another.

WHOA! I didn't know I could do that!' Amity thought in awe.

'And you'll do so much more.' Rebellion said.

That excited Amity as she finished off the last Hell Pride with a roundhouse kick and slash, getting a bit of blood on her left cheek.

With all the Hell Prides dead, Amity dissolved her abominations before setting Rebellion on her shoulder.

"Okay, with them dead, maybe I can salvage my Saturday and take Luz out on a date." Amity said, wiping the blood from her face.

'Do whatever you want kid.' The sword said.

As Amity was about to leave, she saw the remains of the hell prides slowly form into Red Orbs.

"Are these those things you were talking about?" She asked.

'Yep. Hardened demon blood, red orbs. Take those to the statue and it will help you to become stronger.' Rebellion said.

"Alright." Amity said, reaching out to grab one, only for it to absorb into her.