Episode 14-4: Tragedy

The Hyperion AVO minivan had arrived at Leon's location, but unfortunately, their arrival was a bit untimely.

The headlights were turned off to reduce the risk of compromising their position.

"Are we too late...?"

Theresa muttered her disbelief upon witnessing Leon surrounded by the enemy Valkyries, leaving him virtually without escape.

Her hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, expressing her self-blame for arriving too late.

"Yabai! What are we going to do, gakuen-chou?"

Mei exclaimed in desperation as she hunched over the front seat and anxiously observed Theresa, seeking the latter's plans and strategies regarding the present scenario.

The principal didn't respond to Mei's question as she was too focused on observing what happened through the windshield.

Theresa's features expressed her seriousness and deep thought toward the current dilemma that they were faced with.

She closed her eyes and lowered her head while attempting to strategize a potential solution or mitigate any conceivable worst-case scenario.

Three possible outcomes were presented before them, or rather, Theresa calculated the probability of their occurrence and likelihood of success.

......

The first scenario would be to go wild and have an obvious approach.

"Be prepared! We need to take action now. Let's go! Take out your weapons and stand firmly. We don't have time left! Let's fight!"

Theresa shouted a dramatic call to action, prompting Mei, Bronya, and herself to exit the vehicle and face the opposing forces in battle.

Many enemy valkyries noticed the rustling noise as they turned their back and started shooting at the defenseless Hyperion Valkyries brutally.

The outcome of the approach had a high probability of failure, and their defeat was imminent due to their disadvantage in terms of sheer numbers.

.........

The second possible approach, or course of action, that was taken into consideration by Theresa was the stealthy idea of them sneaking around the perimeter of the given location.

However, the potential for their plan to be exposed by accidentally stepping on something that created noise, which would draw the opposing forces' attention, remained.

Hence, with no hesitation, they resorted to firing at the source of any noise that they heard, regardless of whether it was an innocent animal or a human being. As a result, they unfortunately killed three humans through their indiscriminate shooting.

.........

The third potential approach analyzed by Theresa was the least risky.

Their current form of transportation had been fitted with a drone in its undercarriage.

The drone was equipped with various useful features, such as a camera surveillance system, the capability to self-destruct, recording a conversation at a moderate distance, climbing walls, and additional attributes.

.........

Theresa's soft and mellow expression now featured a slightly bemused smile.

She decided which course of action to select from the options and was ready to execute.