Chapter 106: Unleashing the Dragon Part 1

???: Jaden, hope you're ready, 'cause I've waited for this duel a long time. Ever since crash landing and finding myself deep beneath the earth's crust, my one and only desire has been to make you pay for sending me away, and now it appears that day is finally here.

Down below...

Alexis: So jaden has to reach Marcel within 30 minutes?

Axel: Yep, and if he doesn't, our friends will be sent away forever!

Hassleberry: He's right, so we better find that Rainbow Dragon.

Bastion: And figure out how to unlock its power.

Jim: So, Bastion, what ya reckon? You think this card will get us home?

Hassleberry: After all it took to get it, it had better!

Bastion: 'That's if I can figure out what Eisenstein was trying to tell me.'

Flashback

Eisenstein: [Transmission sound failing] The card must be...With energy.

Bastion: Dear me. Someone please come in!

End of flashback

Bastion: 'If only I had been able to get more information before the transmission was lost.'

Alexis: Jaden, this duel must be a trap! We can't trust this guy.

Jim: I'd say she's got a valid point there, mate.

Haru: I don't think we have the luxury of choices right now.

Axel: Haru's right. He's got the upper hand right now. So it looks like we'll have to play by his rules.

Alexis: But he doesn't play fair.

Jaden: Well it's a risk that I'm gonna have to take a chance. I can't chance losing all our friends forever. I got to duel this guy!

Hassleberry: Well, then, sarge, I'm goin' with you!

Alexis: Me, too.

Blair: Me three! We're gonna do this together!

Jaden: I'm going alone.

Alexis: You're what?

Jaden: It's just not safe. Marcel's too powerful.

Jim: Huh?

Axel: Hmm?

Hassleberry: How come?

Jaden: well, I tried to stop him, but, you see, I--I was too late. Marcel was able to get the three sacred beast cards.

Blair: You can't blame yourself, Jaden. You tried everything you could.

Alexis: So what if he's got the sacred beasts? You battled them before!

Hassleberry: Right! And ya beat them. So you'll just have to tame those beasts again!

Jaden: But last time, Banner gave me a special card. Without Sabatiel the Philosopher's Stone, I never would have been able to defeat them on my own. Those sacred beasts almost had me for dinner.

Haru: Well, we have to try Jaden.

Duel Ghouls: Duel... Duel...Duel... Duel...

Bastion: That's it! I figured it out! Bastion shouted.

Hassleberry: Figured what out?

Bastion: What Eisenstein was trying to tell us before the transmission cut out. Remember? He was going to explain how to unlock the dragon. The sacred beasts, they're our ticket out of here.