Chapter 41 - First Dungeon (20)

As I ran through the forest, making sure to stay silent, I began organizing everything I knew.

I was on a very short timer. I didn't know why Solomon didn't want me to investigate the lighthouse, and honestly, I didn't care. His reaction was just too suspicious, so he had to know something.

This was an opportunity to get some details and maybe something I could hold against Lionel and possibly Solomon in the future as well as understand what the hell was going on. The fact that Solomon was trying to block me from investigating just made me even more suspicious about the whole thing, and I didn't believe for a damn minute that he was worried that I would be caught or killed.

He had flinched when I had casually said that the Darwinists were looking for something or someone. I had intentionally riled him up to see if he would reveal anything else, but I didn't expect him to try to kill me.

Crazy bastard.

It would be best to avoid him as much as I could.

Since I wasn't sure about the range of Solomons's eyes, I purposefully backtracked several miles away from where Julius was, using camouflage at different intervals before circling around and beginning to head toward the lighthouse. As I moved, I could feel my connection with the mimic stretch until it was just a vague thin thread that let me know which direction it was in.

I continued running, and as I got within a mile of the lighthouse, spotting the tall tower poking above the treetops, I caught a glimpse of a familiar flash of purple hair ahead. Pretending I didn't see it, I continued running.

All of a sudden, something wrapped around my foot and yanked me up before wrapping around me tightly and dragging me through the air.

As I dangled upside down from a branch, a rope tightly binding my entire body from my ankles to my neck, there was a flash of purple smoke, and a familiar figure appeared below me. With a face fully covered with a black face mask and sunglasses, wearing a black bodysuit with long purple hair trailing down her back in a silken sheet, a familiar classmate of mine had shown up.

"Hi, blank rank cutie. We really need to stop meeting like this." A playful voice sounded out as Cassandra sauntered over to me before stopping right below me.

"I guess we should, huh." How are you doing this lovely night Miss Cassandra Mirage?" I commented lightly while craning my neck to look at her.

"Boooo. You're no fun. You don't even seem surprised to see me, cutie. I'm hurt." Even though I couldn't see her face through the mask, I could tell that she was smiling as she stared at me.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm very shocked. See? Ahhhhhh," I pretended to scream, causing her to snicker loudly. " Is the other person going to come out? Also, do you mind if I get out of this? I don't like blood rushing into my head or being upside down. It's very uncomfortable." I asked her in a bland tone while testing the strength of the rope. It was surprisingly tough.

"Why don't I believe you, cutie? And, I don't know what you're talking about. It's just me and you having a nice one-on-one conversation. Plus, I actually do mind. I quite like seeing you tied up, you know? It keeps you out of trouble. Buuuuut," she tapped her finger to her face before continuing, "if you can get yourself out, I'll allow it. Just this once." Cassandra replied lightly.

After getting her approval, I analyzed the rope.

[Rope of Binding.]

[Creator: Meraki Corp]

[Rank: F]

[A tough and tensile rope made from the silken threads of a Spring SilkWorm. It is imbued with mana that will automatically wrap around the targeted object. The more the caught object struggles, the more it will tighten. Useful for trapping prey.]