Chapter 15 - Opening Ceremony(2)

Basil Lionheart.

He had remained the number one power since the time mana began permeating the world and the 10 clans became 9. Since then, every major occurrence, every rise, and every shift of power in the world had his hand in it. He was the pinnacle of strength that everyone looked up to, the hope that they relied on when things went south, and the final bastion when there was no one else to call on.

He was a man filled with an equal amount of strength and arrogance. There were many he considered below him. There were few he considered family. And even fewer he considered friends or peers. In the entire world, there was only one person, one being he considered above him. It was the being who had guided him and his family to this point, allowing them to remain at the top of the world, uncontested by anyone else.

It was why he was here at First High Magic Academy. Although he was aware that his heir was of age to attend, it was not of any importance to him. After all, the children he had numbered by the dozens. Even without an heir, his power continued growing and due to mana he remained in the prime of his life. Although his current heir was talented, in the end, he was a replaceable spare. After all the genes that created that talent originated from him.

Yet he had received an oracle, the first one in years after that incident. It informed him that a calamity had descended that would break the status quo, destroying the world order and turning everything into chaos. He had been instructed to proceed to the opening ceremony of all the academies globally and check the status of the promising strong students entering their first year. The status would carry an indicator of the calamity and he was to proceed with the elimination as soon as possible.

Although he had not been able to receive details about the person who was the calamity due to limitations, he had been assured that the student was strong. Strong enough to survive the sheer pressure that emanated from the being and persevere.

Even though he thought being an errand boy was beneath him, Basil Lionheart dutifully attended all the opening ceremonies across the globe. His final stop was First Magic High Academy where his heir was attending. As he spread his aura around the auditorium, his scarlet eyes captured all the students who were able to resist his aura while staring straight at him.

"Sorry about that, I sometimes have a hard time controlling my aura. I forget how fragile you all are. There's no way we can have a conversation like this." Basil Lionheart spoke up with a light smile, unconsciously imitating words he had heard often. He quickly glanced over the students and professors, noting their pale faces before removing his aura as if it never existed.

"Thank you for having me today. For all who don't know, I am Basil Lionheart, head of the Lionheart clan. I'm very excited to see the next generations of heroes and I wanted to provide a service that I wish had been available to me. For all first-year awakened students, I will offer 10 minutes of my time to each student for consultation on how to properly use your gifts and in which direction you should grow. You only have to use an academy-provided analyzation stone to share the details, however, I personally guarantee on my name and clan name that the information recorded will never be shared with anyone on this earth. The opportunity is open to anyone who wants it but since I have limited time, I'll have to prioritize those who are upper-ranked students. Dean Lionheart will share the details."

As his words finished, and he took a step back, the entire auditorium burst into a round of applause and excited murmurs.

"Thank you so much. Please give another round of applause to the rank 1 hero. As for his offer. Those who are interested please stay behind and you will be organized by rank. I look forward to a good school year. Your class assignments will be posted by the end of the day to your watches. All dismissed."