Aunty salome

The air in Lusaka was thick with the aroma of roasted maize and the rhythmic pulse of kwaito music, a familiar symphony that hummed beneath the city's vibrant chaos. You strolled through the crowded streets, weaving through a sea of humanity, the sun a blazing orb overhead. Your phone buzzed in your pocket, a notification from your eccentric Aunt Salome.

'Dearest Nephew,' it read, 'I have a proposition that will tickle your funny bone. Meet me at the market by dusk.'

Intrigued and filled with a peculiar blend of amusement and anticipation, you made your way to the bustling market. Amidst the cacophony of vendors hawking their wares, you spotted Aunt Salome, her eyes twinkling with mischief behind oversized sunglasses.

'My dear boy,' she greeted you with a conspiratorial grin, 'I have devised a plan that will have us rolling in the aisles.'

She unfurled a long, flowing fabric before you, its vibrant colors clashing in a way that made your eyes water. 'This, my masterpiece,' she declared proudly, 'is the ultimate prank costume.'

Aunt Salome, always one for the theatrics, had somehow acquired a full-body chicken suit. With an absurd headpiece complete with a fearsome beak and googly eyes, it was a spectacle that would have sent even the most stoic bystanders into paroxysms of laughter.

'You will don this magnificent disguise,' she instructed, 'and we shall infiltrate the most prestigious ballroom in the city.'

You blinked in disbelief. 'Aunt Salome, are you mad? We'll be kicked out within seconds!'

'Nonsense, my boy,' she retorted. 'We will embrace the chaos, my dear. Remember, it's all in good fun.'

With trepidation but an irresistible urge to witness the ensuing pandemonium, you reluctantly agreed to participate in her harebrained scheme.

As night fell, you ventured into the opulent ballroom, its pristine walls gleaming under the soft glow of chandeliers. The air crackled with the hushed whispers of the city's elite, their elegant attire a stark contrast to your ridiculous avian disguise.

Aunt Salome, in her chicken costume, flapped her wings and clucked merrily, causing elderly patrons to clutch their pearls in horror. Women giggled nervously, exchanging glances with their companions, their composure crumbling under the sheer absurdity of the situation.

You, on the other hand, felt a surge of unexpected exhilaration. The crowd's reactions, their barely-concealed amusement and sheer bewilderment, fuelled a growing sense of mischief within you.

The chaos reached a crescendo when a distinguished gentleman, attempting to maintain his composure, bumped into Aunt Salome. The collision sent her flailing, her beak nearly piercing the gentleman's monocle. The man, sputtering with indignation, demanded an explanation, his voice a strained, high-pitched squeak.

Aunt Salome, with a mischievous glint in her eye, answered in a surprisingly convincing chicken cluck, her voice a guttural, unintelligible sound that seemed to mock the man's outrage.

The ballroom erupted in laughter, the sound echoing through the opulent space, shattering the veneer of sophistication and revealing the absurdity of the whole spectacle.

It was at that moment, as you surveyed the scene, that you realized the brilliance of Aunt Salome's scheme. It was a masterclass in disruptive art, a playful rebellion against the city's rigid social structures.

As the night wore on, the chicken suit became a symbol of liberation, a reminder that laughter could conquer even the most pompous of gatherings. The elite, forced to confront their own absurdity, were left with nothing but bewildered smiles and a newfound appreciation for the unexpected joys of chaos.

Later, as you and Aunt Salome walked back through the bustling streets, the remnants of the night's hilarity still lingering in the air, you couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude for her audacity.

'You know, Aunt Salome,' you confessed, a smile breaking across your face, 'I think you might be the most brilliant prankster in Lusaka.'

Aunt Salome, her eyes twinkling with mischief, patted your hand. 'My dear boy,' she chuckled, 'sometimes, all it takes is a little bit of chaos to remind people that life is meant to be enjoyed.'