Chapter Eight

Sofia’s POV

The after hour training secessions with Stefan were really beginning to help me. I already knew how to fight, and my larger wolf body size helped, but that meant that my speed wasn’t like other female’s. Stefan had taken it upon himself to teach me how to fight like the males learned.

“You are learning amazingly,” he noted, as we relaxed, watching the sunset. Our training secession for the day had ended, and I was actually panting.

“Thank you,” I said, my tongue flopping out. My body was over heating.

“Most females don’t like to hear this, but you fight just like a male. I wonder why your body mass isn’t like normal females.” He gazed at me, as if by just looking at me the answers would find him. I shifted my body as nervousness hit me. “You okay?”

“Why are you staring at me like that?” He shrugged and looked away. I sighed. Both of us knew there was something else going on between us, but it was like he was afraid to admit it. I stood and shook out my coat. “I can see it’s time to retire. I shall see you tomorrow.”

--

I paused from attacking Stefan as a loud howl rang out. Raven leapt forward off of the bleachers as a large stature of a man approached us. Behind him padded several brown wolves. I gazed out us. Three males, and a shit load of females. I held back a wolfy grin. We could take them.

“What can I do for you?” Raven demanded, shifting. Damien, who had already shifted, brought some clothes.

“You pack leader?” The man demanded. She grew ridged, as did all of us. Stefan was a statue at my side. I flicked him with my tail, and he ran forward, taking his place beside our Alpha.

“What do you want?” Raven asked from between her teeth.

“Females?” The male looked around. “Is this a pack full of females?” Damien and Stefan growled.

“Please do not insult my pack. My females fight. And they’re damn good at it, too.” The other Alpha’s face twisted, and he suddenly laughed.

“Prove it.” She looked down at Stefan.

“Call the best fighter.” He looked right at me, then barked. I padded forward. “Now it’s your turn.” He yelled something, and large, deep brown colored wolf faced off with me.

“Fight!” the other Alpha yelled. I dodged the attacking wolf’s jaws, and slammed my body into his. “You sure that wolf isn’t male?”

“Can’t you smell her?” Stefan hissed. I could tell by his voice he was now human. Smell me? I yipped as the wolf’s teeth grabbed my rear leg. As my adrenaline kicked in, I snarled. There was NO way I was going to let this male wolf ruin everything I had worked for!

‘Let go,’ my inner wolf whispered. ‘Let us fight together!’ I did just that.

----------

Stefan’s POV

I watched as her movements became even more natural. Her inner wolf must have been helping her. Who knew that the female’s inner wolves were fighters.

‘Of course they are!’ my inner wolf snapped. ‘Ever seen what happens when you threaten a she-wolf’s pups?’ I shook my head, suddenly certain I never wanted to see that.

I watched as Sofia over powered the male, gripping his throat between her teeth. 

"Stop her!" the unknown Alpha snarled, seeing that he was about to lose one of his fighters. Raven growled, and Sofia let go and limped back to us.  

She couldn't up her wolf form, and she shrank away, leaving her in her soft looking human form. I knelt down and lofted her into my arms, gazing around; daring anyone to attack. 

"Now that we have proved our selves, what are you doing here?" Raven looked as if she wanted to tear his throat put.  

Suddenly, I felt the same, except I wanted to tear that one male's throat out who had fought Sofia.  

I had come to care for her, but had been afraid to show it, because Raven was my mate... but not my love. Goddess, I thought to my self, I really have changed.  

"I am Liam Columbia." I grew tense. Oh, no. He was known for killing Alphas and taking their women for breeding. All he cared about was making his own pack bigger. He only took females for two reason. One: because they could breed. Two: because they never fought back. 

"Leave my land," Raven hissed. "Or I have every right to kill you." Sofia snarled in my arms. I held back a smirk. Perfect. 

---------- 

Sofia's POV 

Liam cocked an eye brow at my Alpha, and I snarled. Stefan looked down at me, his lips twitching as he held back his grin. 

"Did you not hear me?" Raven demanded. He sighed. 

"I am here to warn you. Females cannot lead, and I will not stand by and watch one of my near by packs succumb to the likes of one!" I felt Stefan's chest rumble as he growled, causing everyone to grow quiet. 

"These females are not for your men to have their ways with!" It was almost as if he couldn't help him self as he keep going. "They are fighters, and will fight to the end. I have been training them, as I did the female you bested your male! 

"Take your pack and piss off! Before we tear your throats out!" Yips and yaps rang out. 

"And your man-hood," I muttered under my breath. Stefan laughed, as did Raven. Mine, and Liam's face, grew red. Mine with embarrassment that I had spoken so loud; his from sure fury. 

"If that's how it is, than fine. In two months time, we shall return." He paused and looked at Stefan. "And I will MAKE your females submit."  

--------------------------------- 

A/N: 

Please comment and vote and tell what you think of my story so far. Next upload soon, promise! (and sorry if this chapter seems short) 

-Stormy