56 | being busy is considered an excuse, actually

is the slow burn enough for y'all?

———

After the I-Island disaster, everything pretty much went back to normal.

Y/n scribbled along whatever the teacher was writing on the board, not really paying attention. Some time had passed since the mission. They'd attended Nighteye's funeral, their work-studies were put on hold. Eri was recovering, at least, but slowly. She wasn't mentally stable enough for the real world yet.

''It's not an elegant equation, but who can solve this definite integral? Raise your hand if you know,'' Ectoplasm said as he stepped to the side from the board. Y/n looked up to copy the equation and blinked a few times. She put her pen down and leaned over to Bakugo, tapping his shoulder. He looked over with furrowed eyebrows.

''What is it?''

''I'm gonna need you to tutor me in math.''

She could hear Midoriya furiously scribbling away on his notebook. If he could get the answer, Y/n couldn't be bothered to try, she was tired today.

After e fierce battle of minds between Midoriya and Yaoyorozu, they were let out to have a break. After moving to sit on top of her desk, Y/n took her phone out and noticed the message she'd gotten from her mother, asking her what she wanted for dinner. Right, she had to go over later.

''What's up?'' Bakugo asked. He'd come to her desk, leaning on it, next to her legs.

''Mom's asking me what I want for dinner, I'm going over today.'' Then, as she looked at Bakugo, she grinned. ''You wanna come with me?''

''Family dinner? Don't wanna intrude.''

''Since when do you have manners?'' Y/n asked and then quickly shot her mother a text, asking if it was okay if he could come. ''What, are you scared of meeting my parents?''

''Tch, the hell? 'Course not, I—''

''My mom said it's fine! She asked what you want to eat,'' Y/n said, looking at him expectantly. Bakugo grumbled. ''Hey, it's only fair! I've met your parents. It's your turn. There's nothing to be scared of.''

''I'M NOT SCARED!'' Bakugo yelled, grabbing the attention of some other classmates, making Y/n laugh. ''The hell you lookin' at, Extras?'' Everyone sighed at his behavior and turned back to whatever they were doing. Bakugo looked back at her. ''I want curry, but I'll eat whatever.''

———

''Ya like this one?''

''Hm, maybe no skulls?'' Kirishima said as he watched the black T-Shirt Bakugo was presenting him with. ''Do something a little more formal. Where are you guys going, anyway?''

''To eat dinner at her parents' house.''

Kirishima's eyes bulged out of their sockets. ''WHAT? You're meeting her parents? Congrats, Bakubro! Didn't know you finally had the balls to ask her to be your girlfriend.''

Kirishima watched as Bakugo froze and his face visibly paled. Kirishima let out a little, awkward laugh. ''Bakugo, are you okay? You've asked her to be your girlfriend . . . right?''

Bakugo looked at him. His eyes were narrowed and mad, but he didn't speak.

''Dude, no way!'' Kirishima got up from the chair and walked over to Bakugo, grabbing him by the shoulders. ''You guys aren't official? You're basically dating! Why haven't you asked her yet?!''

''Fuck off, Shitty Hair.'' Bakugo pushed him away, moving to put the skull T-Shirt back in his wardrobe. He let out a sigh as he looked for something more suitable. ''I don't fuckin' know, I mean, we've been busy and goin' through some shit, right?''