1 | welcome to u.a.

Taking a deep breath, Y/n pushed the heavy door, opening the entrance to the classroom and revealing the loud class she would — hopefully — spend the next three years with. Chaos reigned inside — there was a blue haired boy yelling at a blond who had his feet up on his desk, there was a pinkanette who was going around and introducing herself loudly, another blond who had sparkles surrounding him. It was a mess already.

Yet she was already loving it there.

Strolling into the classroom, Y/n made her way to the second roll, a free desk between the blond boy who had his feet up on the table and a blond who had a black streak in his hair, that being her assigned seat. Not knowing anyone, she looked around, checking for potential friends, though before she can get up to try to talk to anyone, the door opened once again. A man inside a yellow sleeping bag, resembling a cocoon, entered the classroom, his face unshaved, his eyes dry and tired.

Is this our homeroom teacher? Y/n thought to herself, staring at the person, just like everyone else.

''It took you eight seconds to settle down,'' he spoke as he unzipped his yellow sleeping bag and stepped out. He looked over the class. ''My name is Shota Aizawa and I will be your homeroom teacher.''

Oh. So he is.

''I know this is sudden, but put these on and meet me outside.'' Aizawa brought out folded pairs of clothing for the whole class.

The boys were already outside when the girls arrived. Once the group was whole, Aizawa proceeded to explain what they're about to do. ''Bakugo, you came in first at the entrance exam,'' said Aizawa, looking at the spiky blond, who looked annoyed. ''What was your best result in softball throw in junior high?''

''Sixty-seven meters,'' Bakugo spoke, his hands stuffed in his pant pockets.

Aizawa threw a softball at the teen, Bakugo catching it with ease. ''Try doing it with your quirk.''

Bakugo's grin was massive, almost evil-looking. Making his way to the circle, he got in a position to throw. ''DIE!''

Very hero-like, Y/n snorted to herself, watching as the ball flew further and further. Aizawa looked down at the small device he was holding, checking out the numbers. Turning towards the rest of the class, he put the device up, showing everyone. 705.2 meters.

''705 METERS?'' the other blond, Kaminari, exclaimed as he read the numbers off the small screen.

''What's this? It looks fun!'' Ashido exclaimed.

''We can use our quirks as much as we want! As expected from the hero course!'' said Sero.

The teacher gave the pinkanette a look, which caused her to shut up. '''It looks fun', huh? You have three years to become a hero, will you have an attitude like that the whole time?'' Giving the students a creepy smile, he proclaimed. ''All right, then. Whoever comes in last in all eight tests will be expelled."

Most people in Class 1-A looked at each other, panicked looks overtaking their once exited ones. ''Can he even do that?'' Y/n asked no one in particular, worry lacing her voice.

''He said he can lead his class anyway he wants,'' Kirishima, who happened to stand next to the girl, said, seemingly worried as well.

''Welcome to UA's Hero Course!''

———

The first test the students had to do was a fifthy-meter dash. Y/n grinned at the news. Waiting for her turn as patiently as she could, she watched the rest of the class and their extraordinary Quirks. Her turn came soon enough, Aizawa pairing her with a blue haired boy with glasses, who had engines in his calves. Y/n supposed he had a similar Quirk to hers.

There's no way he can beat me, though, Y/n thought, getting into a running position, a slight smirk on her face. The siren went off, indicating the start of the race. Before Iida could even reach halfway through the fifty-meter course, Y/n was already at the finish, waiting to hear her score.

''2.15 seconds,'' the machine said announced the girl's score, Iida coming after her with 3.04 seconds.

''Damn, that was slow,'' Y/n spoke to herself, walking away from the trace and back to her new classmates, most of whom were looking at her in bewilderment.

The grip strength was not Y/n's strongest unit, so she didnt count getting a high score on that one, getting around 65 kilograms. Her Quirk wasn't of much help in the standing long jump either, due to the fact she'd barely gathered any energy, but she managed to clear the box on her own just fine. Repeated side steps were easy as she focused on her strenght, aiming to do as many as she could in the given time. The ball throw came to not be that hard either, seeing as she was able to gather energy in her arm, boosting the ball as much as she could, getting 690 meters. Giving in her all to try and save her spot at UA, she did fairly well on the rest of the tests as well, happy with her performance.

Regardless, she was still anxious as she stood amongs her class in front of the board where their results would be displayed in mere seconds. Crossing her fingers, she looked at the bottom once the results appeared, letting out a relieved breath because she wasn't expelled, though that didn't stop her from feeling bad at whoever Midoriya was.

Going up the list, she was starting to get more and more excited when she made it to the top five and still hadn't seen her name. Cheking the number four spot she saw her name written there, happiness filling her. Considering how good everyone in the class was, this was a big achievement for the girl.

''Hey, L/n, you placed fourth! Good job!'' Ashido spoke from next to her, taking Y/n out of her trance.

''Oh, yes, thank you! You did good, too!'' Y/n encouraged the girl.

Name: L/n Y/n

Quirk: Super Sonic

She has super speed. When running a lot, she manages to gather a lot of energy and is able to use it to strengthen her attacks, making her super strong, or release it, creating energy waves, which, if focused, can control and decide whether it would hurt people or damage electronics. If overused, her legs would ache and she'll be jumpy from the built up energy. Will have to release the energy if she builds up too much, which may have bad consequences for her surroundings.

''Oh, and, I was joking. No one's getting expelled. It was a rational deception to draw out the upper limits of your Quirks.''

Y/n felt slightly better for her win now, letting out a relieved breath.

''Of course it was a lie,'' Yaoyorozu said all of the sudden, causing the whole class to look at her.

''Well that was a little nerve-wracking,'' said Sero.

''I'll take up a challenge any time!'' Kirishima said enthusiastically.

''With that, we're done here,'' Aizawa said. ''There are handouts with the curriculum and such in the classroom so when you get back, look over them. Midoriya, have the old lady fix you in the nurse's office. Tomorrow will be packed with even more rigorous tests. Prepare yourself.''