01 - day of reckoning

' ' now playing : where is smiley? by serani poji ' '

𓂃⊹ ִֶָ
chapter 1

--

flashback - 6:03 pm, karasuno high, gym

"good work, everyone! see you tomorrow, bright and early." ukai bid farewell, gathering his belongings and departing from the gym.

after practice was always a struggle; shoyo and tobio bickering over whose turn it is to put the equipment away, tsukishima instigating, tanaka and noya not being much help, and the rest staring helplessly.

i was finishing up writing new strategies to try as i tune out the shouts echoing across the gym. i let out a deep sigh when i finish, gently closing my notebook and setting it off to the side.

i groan just thinking about how little time the boys have left before going against shiratorizawa and how stressful it's going to be before then. i slump and rest my face in my hands.

a few moments pass before i hear slow footsteps and a presence sitting next to me.

"are you okay, y/n?" a soft voice questioned. i immediately recognized it as kiyoko's and slowly look up from my hands.

"i'm just super stressed. i'm so glad they're going against shiratorizawa but.. i'm scared too. i believe in them, i swear, but what if.. never mind." i cut myself off and sigh. i look down and fiddle with my hands.

"i understand. everyone is stressed, y/n, but it'll be okay." kiyoko smiled warmly and placed a dainty hand on mine. "also, you should take it easy. you're always overworking yourself but you have me and yachi willing to help. why don't you take a break and let me and yachi take some of the workload? i'm sure you'll feel better then."

i look over to kiyoko and smile gratefully. she's a literal angel, i swear. i take her hand in mine and give it a squeeze.

"thank you. i'm sure that would make me feel better as well."

releasing her hand, my gaze shifts over towards the boys and feel relieved as they took care of cleaning everything up without assistance.

i give kiyoko another warm smile and begin to gather my belongings, ready to get home. i shout a farewell and scurry out of the gym.

--

after taking a shower and catching up on some homework, i begin to wind down to finally get some rest after a long day.