Chapter 1

I step into the lavish lobby of the opulent five-star hotel, the scent of luxury enveloping me, mingling with the excitement pulsating through my veins. It's my first time here, but the grandeur is unmistakable—a playground for the affluent and elite.

With a warm smile, the concierge greets me, his eyes filled with genuine hospitality. "Welcome to the Azure Crown, Ms. How may I assist you today?"

Returning his smile, my heart flutters with anticipation. "I have a reservation under the name Lilith Blackwood."

The concierge nods, his fingers dancing across the keyboard as he retrieves my reservation details. "Ah, yes, here it is. We have a suite prepared for you, Ms. Blackwood. I trust it will meet your expectations?"

"Thank you," I murmur, my voice barely above a whisper as I accept the keycard.

I take in the grandeur of the lobby one more time before heading towards the elevator.

"I'll take care of your luggage, ma'am," another concierge shows up, stretching out his arms.

"Oh. Thank you," I say, handing over my bags, eager to immerse myself in the decadence that awaits.

As we step into the elevator, the polished metal doors slide shut behind us with a soft hiss, enclosing us in the confined space. The mirrored walls reflect my image back at me.

Pressing the button for my floor, I wait in silence as the elevator hums to life, ascending with a smooth, steady motion. The gentle swaying of the carriage offers a moment of rest from the chaos of the day, allowing me to collect my thoughts in the solitude of the confined space.

Memories of my childhood flood my mind—days filled with longing for a family I never knew, nights filled with dreams of a life beyond the walls of the orphanage.

But just as I begin to relax into the journey, the elevator chimes to a stop, the doors sliding open to reveal the exotic hallway.

We get out, my luggage gracefully handled by the concierge whose name I discover to be Antonio from the badge pinned to his lapel.

We navigate the luxurious corridors of the hotel, my eyes scanning the room numbers, searching for the suite that will be my home during my stay. The plush carpeting beneath my feet softens my steps as we move gracefully through the opulent surroundings.

"Found it. Suite 515," I squeal, sliding the keycard into the door's slot.

"Thank you so much, Antonio. I'll take over from here," I say, realizing I prefer to enter my suite alone.

"Of course, Ms. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to call the front desk. Enjoy your stay," Antonio replies with a warm smile before stepping back, giving me space to enter my suite.

"I'll be sure to reach out if I need anything. Have a wonderful day," I respond with a grateful smile, and with that, he leaves.

As I settle into the plush comfort of my suite, the weight of anticipation hangs heavy in the air, mingling with the scent of freshly laundered linens.

The soft glow of the chandeliers casts a warm light across the room, while the plush furnishings invite me to sink into their comfort.