Chapter 10 "The Envy"

"Wait a minute, are you the one who caused the fire in the apartment?" Dean asked.

"Yes, but don't worry, kid. I didn't bring the gas inside to their rooms. You can press the alarm button to release the water from above and put out the fire. It's on the third floor, between Rooms 34 and 35. I'm leaving now."

The siren from Southern Trigon blared. Dean turned back to the apartment to help.

"Miruo is playing with us!" Rhodler shouted.

"Rhodler, just go with Clary" Kenji commanded. "Crewbot and I will handle this!"

Rhodler and Clary go through the window and headed to South Trigon. Dean hurried up and found Kenji.

Kenji looked at him, slightly exasperated. "Hey Dean, where did you go? Go join Rhodler at the south, I'll handle this."

Crewbot turned to Kenji. "Captain!"

Kenji nodded. "Go with Crewbot too!"

"Alright" Dean nodded.

As Rhodler and Clary made their way south, they were shocked to see a monstrous, paper-like creature with a terrifying appearance, tearing through the building.

"What is that?!" Clary gasped.

"I've never seen anything like that" Rhodler replied, his voice tinged with awe and fear.

Rhodler approached and encased the paper monster in rock, but it effortlessly slipped out of the stone and glared at him, sending a chill down in his spine.

"AHH!!" Rhodler screamed as the creature hurled paper from its body, which exploded against his stomach. Clary reacted swiftly, throwing his Sphion, slicing through the creature's belly, but it reformed instantly and leapt powerfully towards Clary. Rhodler, too slow to intercept, watched in horror.

The monster struck Clary hard in the face, sending her flying into a rock where she hit her head.

"Clary!!" Rhodler shouted, desperation in his voice.

He quickly stood up and hurled a massive rock at the monster, hitting it squarely. Rhodler flew towards it, encasing his hands in stone, and landed a powerful punch.

But his strike felt like nothing to the monster. Frustrated, Rhodler punched again, this time adding fire to his blow. The creature, now enraged, struck Rhodler with its paper, causing an explosion that sent him flying. The monster leaped and punched him mid-air, sending him crashing down.

"Uhh!!" Rhodler groaned as he landed heavily on the ground. The monster prepared to strike again, but just as it was about to land its blow, suddenly...

"First... Liquidation," Rhodler muttered, his voice strained.

In an instant, his body transformed into water, surging upward and hurling water imbued with stones at the monster.

"Second... Gravelsurge," he continued, his voice echoing with determination.

The monster grew furious as the water-stone projectiles struck it. It split itself into countless tiny pieces and launched explosive paper shards at Rhodler. The barrage overwhelmed him, leaving him almost immobile from the relentless assault.

Meanwhile, Crewbot noticed they were heading in the wrong direction.

"Captain, I think we're going the wrong way," he said, worry evident in his tone.