CHAPTER 7: BRIDGING ERAS

Lanecea gathered Sybille, the German seamstress from Brussels, her 10th great-grandparents Leonard and Marguerite LeBlanc, and the children in Timeless Haven's cozy sitting room, their excitement palpable for the upcoming event

Lanecea gathered Sybille, the German seamstress from Brussels, her 10th great-grandparents Leonard and Marguerite LeBlanc, and the children in Timeless Haven's cozy sitting room, their excitement palpable for the upcoming event. The adventure to Fort Cataraqui was taking shape, and Lanecea meticulously planned every detail.

"Now that we're all here," Lanecea's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm, "this journey to Fort Cataraqui will be both an adventure and an educational experience. We'll ensure it's fun and enriching. Special guests like Miseure LaSalle and possibly Governor General Frontenac might surprise us. Your father might invite members from the Iroquois Confederacy delegation for the fort's opening, or Chief White Scar's sons, Red Hawk and Eagle, can join. They'd love to share their culture."

The children, aware of their time-traveling secret, were cautious even in front of unaware relatives like Sibylle.

Lanecea smiled at her children's eagerness, scooping the toddlers into her arms. "Sybille, ensure Timeless Threads is stocked for our guests' immersion."

As the children discussed expectations, Lanecea felt proud. This event was about fostering a love for learning and exploration unique to Timeless Haven.

"I have a surprise. I'd love you children to work with Auntie Marguerite on a special invitation for Thorson and Revna. Your father's permission is needed, but maybe your stepmother will attend too. Wouldn't that be wonderful?"

"I hope she likes us," Deklan said, inching closer to his mother.

Taran grinned, "What's not to like?"

Fintan looked worried but didn't want to dampen his mother's hope. Lanecea met his eyes, conveying the importance of bridging French-English tensions.

"Your mamma wishes to build bridges between the French and the English - it may be the only way to save our people. Within my blood, and therefore, within yours lies our French heritage but also our contrasting British heritage. As tensions rise between the French and the English, we are in a key position to make allies and to do everything we can to save our people before it is too late. How can I take on such a massive endeavor if I do not try closer to home first, starting with your stepmother and our relatives? Do you understand, my loves, how important this is? I need you all to be on your best behavior and as charming as I know you to be," Lanecea smiled as she kissed Clanna's dimpled cheeks, the toddler giggling in her mother's arms.

As Lanecea's children chattered excitedly, she couldn't help but feel a surge of pride. This event was not just about reliving history but about igniting a passion for learning and exploration.

****

**Step Back in Time: Join Us for Echoes of Fort Cataraqui!**

**Dates:** June 27th - July 1st