𝑻𝒐𝒙𝒊𝒄

I watched him talk to her,touching her hand every now and then and making her laugh

I watched him talk to her,touching her hand every now and then and making her laugh.My inner voice urged me to say something, but I couldn't. I knew it would ruin everything, and even if it wouldn't. Why would I want to embarrass myself?

In the back of my mind it was glass clear that Rafe would destroy everything, but i didn't think it would happen so quickly. My emotions intensified beyond anger whenever he looked at me. Each time, I found myself unable to meet his eyes, opting instead to focus on my drink, avoiding any semblance of direct confrontation.

"Excuse me for a moment," I grabbed my purse and went to the restroom, leaving the two to keep flirting.

RAFES POV

Bella's touch on my thigh was subtle but inviting, tempting me to reconsider selling the gold to someone else. Still, I knew that if I continued playing this game, she would pay the most. Anna was surely angry and I didn't blame her a bit. I probably would have killed the guy that touched her the way Bella touched me. But ultimately, the money wasn't just for me,it was for Anna too. So i thought that I could still explain it to her and that she would understand.

"So you're buying?" I tried to change the subject, taking a sip of my drink.

"If I get a night with you alone, then yes sure."she replied laughing making me almost roll my eyes back in annoyance.

"I've given you enough nights alone with me." I noted. My eyes darted to the restroom Anna entered a few minutes ago. To be exact, it already have been 15 minutes. What was she doing in there for so long?

"I hope she doesn't come back too soon", Bella commented. Before I could ask her why, I felt her press something against my stomach. I looked down. A gun.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady. Drawing attention would only cause panic among the people around us.

"I don't care about the gold. I think I've made it clear that I want you. So why do you keep avoiding me?"
she whispered aggressively, still pressing the gun against me. „Last year, I thought we finally had something, but it was just you being high and horny."

Not a single word she said interested me in the least. I had no feelings for her. No matter how many times I tried, she was always nothing more than a good fuck when I was high. But she would never understand; she was too much of an self- absorbed bitch.

„We'll try again. Just put the gun down,please", I lied, my voice calm but firm. She didn't move an inch. Her eyes were cold, and I knew one wrong word could turn that day into a bloodbath.

"He told you to put the gun down."
Anna's voice was cold, sharp whisper from behind Bella. Bella's eyes widened as she felt the unmistakable presence of a weapon pressed against her back, held by Anna.

Anna's eyes were locked on me. I could tell that she was still mad, but i didn't care. I was incredibly fascinated by her and so damn proud, for some reason.

„You won't pull the trigger on him. You love him too much,"Anna hissed quietly,"But I will definitely pull the trigger if you don't put the money on the table and leave this bar like nothing happened."

Bella hesitated for a moment, her eyes darting between the weapon in her hand and me. Finally, she pulled the gun back, reached into her purse, and took out a stack of money, placing it on the table.

Without any word, she got up and left the bar. Anna followed, leaving me behind. I quickly stuffed the money into the small metal suitcase and hurried out.

ANNA'S POV

„Leave me the fuck alone," I snapped, realising he was still following me like a lost dog. We found ourselves in an empty parking lot, utterly alone. My plan was simple: take his car and drive far away. Destination didn't matter; I just needed to escape his presence. I could no longer bear to be near him.

"Anna, please," he pleaded, grabbing my arm and forcing me to stop."I needed the money, because I want to fulfill your every wish, if possible."

Was he fucking serious?

My heart pounded so fast it felt like it would burst from my chest. I loved him deeply, but the pain he caused was unbearable, as if my heart had been torn to shreds.
"You disgust me,"I murmured, just loud enough for him to hear.

I saw his eyes darken with anger after those words escaped my lips.
He dropped the suitcase, seized me by the neck, and slammed me against a nearby car."You know I can't fucking control myself, and you still run that mouth of yours" he snarled. His grip tightened, and air became scarce in my lungs.

„You're blaming me because you're a psycho? Wow, that's exactly what i expected from you, Rafe," I spat, my voice trembling with anger." I left everything behind because of you, and this is my reward? I don't care about the money. You can't buy the happiness I feel when you treat me like someone you love, not some disposable fling who watches while you flirt with others," Tears welled up as I teetered on the brink of a breakdown.

I knew loving Rafe Cameron would be challenging, but never imagined it would be this excruciating.

"If you miss that old life of yours, if you regret leaving it all behind for me, then just go back. You know I'm no good for you after all, Anna,"
he said, his tone a mix of frustration and resignation.