𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒊𝒎

Lying back onto the lounger, I slipped on my sunglasses, letting the sun's warmth seep into my skin

Lying back onto the lounger, I slipped on my sunglasses, letting the sun's warmth seep into my skin.In the past few weeks, life has been pretty chill.I finally stopped hiding my feelings from Rafe, and it's been amazing ever since. We haven't been hitting up any parties or anything, just spending all our time together. And having an incredible amount of sex, but that's beside the point. More importantly is that we've both been so focused on each other that we didn't even lose one thought about drugs. It's like we are healing each other. It's been beautiful,almost like a cheesy romance movie..or book.

My choice definitely came with its own set of problems, that's for sure. I'm determined to help the Pogues with the gold, but without harming Rafe in any way.Things with Rafe changed..My feelings for him changed. After everything that happened I can't see him as the "villain" anymore. It's like I'm experiencing feelings for him that I've never felt for any guy before, and it's both scary and exhilarating at the same time.

"Do you know how beautiful you actually are?"Rafe's voice caught me off guard before I realised he was standing right in front of me.
"I thought you were out playing golf with your friends."I remarked, shifting slightly to make room for him to sit beside me.

"I was, but work called," he explained,taking a seat. "I've got some things to do."

I felt his gaze tracing over my body,but I pretended not to notice, keeping my focus on the conversation.

"Do those things involve that you leave me here all by myself?"I teased, gently letting my fingers slide over his forearm.

"I don't think you want to do this type of..things."His words stumbled out, his tone shifting. "Why?" I asked simply,waiting for his response.

"I have the gold that the Pogues are dying to find, Anna. I need to sell that shit," he confessed.

Perfect. What kind of friend was I? The very thing that could change my friend's lives was in his possession and instead of sticking to the plan, I had fallen for him. It's miserable. But I made a promise to myself. Most importantly, I promised JJ that they would get the gold. They will, I just had to figure out how.

"No, it's fine. You found the gold, Rafes. It's yours," I forced out, masking my emotions with a smile.

"Why don't I believe you?"Rafes's lips curled into a slight grin, his eyes twinkling with amusement.
"Because you're still such an asshole,"I stormed, feeling the heat rise in my cheeks as he laughed.

"Rafe, I got together with you. Do you really think I care what the Pogues think and how they feel?" I challenged, my voice tinged with defiance as I met his gaze steadily.

"So you would fuck up your friends just because of me?"his face drew nearer to mine,his stare locking onto mine. It felt like the first time he had ever gotten so close,sending my heart racing and leaving me breathless.

I couldn't resist him, not even in a thousand lifetimes. His blue eyes rendered me powerless, just as his commanding presence and unwavering protectiveness over me did. I used to make fun of the girls who fell for him, but now I found myself being one of them, trapped in his enchantment with no way out.

"Take me with you. Let's sell it together,"
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
I leaned my head against Rafes arm, finding solace in his comforting presence as we waited for the costumer who had travelled all the way from France just for that deal.Amidst the luxurious surroundings of the bar, I actually felt quite fitting.Thats a thing too. I noticed a significant shift in my style since being with Rafe. Gone were the days of cheap unremarkable clothing replaced with clothing that cost more than some people could imagine. It wasn't solely my decision; Rafe played a huge role in this "transformation" by showering me with expensive clothes and other beautiful gifts. No matter what I wanted, he would fulfil my every wish.

After a few moments, I lifted my head to see a woman entering the bar. She made her way to the counter we were seated, and without hesitation, wrapped her arms around Rafe in a greeting way, planting a small kiss on his check and leaving a red stain from her lipstick. My heart sank and jealousy quite literally shot through my entire body.

She was perhaps in her late twenties and extended a stunning charm that left me inadequate in comparison.

"I'm so sorry,is that your girlfriend?" she then asked as they both released each other from the hug.

"No, no, she is just my Cousin," Rafe replied hastily.

Oh, fuck no.