Chapter three

Sorry for the late post, I will most likely be posting on weekends (probably Sundays) due to school and maybe the odd weekday. I do look forward to see where this leads and I hope you all enjoy!

Kai leaned his head on the window staring at the blurred trees flying by. He ignored the talking from the two front seats as he tried to drown everything and everyone out.

He heard little pieces of their conversation, 'cameras at' 'light', 'careful!' 'No more cameras'... but he ignored it.

He glanced down looking at the little girls head that was resting beside him. Sighing, he continued to play with her hair. It was still in the ballerina bun but it felt soft and clean to him. Something he hadn't felt in a while.

Looking at the others in the car he examined them. "A girl with short black hair she looked older with more experience, one with long blonde hair giggling with the man in the front, she was definitely younger, a man with glasses who seemed almost too confident in himself, a black male who seemed to be quiet but strong and more experienced as well, a lanky looking guy who was cracking jokes, then lastly the burly man in the drivers seat kinda flirting with the blond chick.

He huffed. They were an odd mix. Thinking back he wondered why his 'group' picked him to go and not one of their older more experienced members. He wasn't going to complain since it gave him an out.

Looking back out the window at the night sky he sighed again. He does that a lot. Then getting lost in his thoughts of where he could go after they get the money, what he would do.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

3  hours later

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed the van slowing down. He leaned over to look at where they were stopping and saw a locked gate. His brows furrowed as he looked to the ravenette in confusion who shrugged her shoulders, looking confused as well.

Kai turned his head to look at the gates as he heard a groan from the rusted metal as it opened. Kai raised his brows but sat back in his seat again.

He looked down at the girl smiling slightly as he saw that she was still asleep. He continued to pet her hair as they pulled to the front of the house, which really looked like an old manor or mansion.

Looking at the building an uneasy feeling set in Kai's stomach but he pushed it away as everyone got out of the car. Once Kai was on solid ground he reached into the car and picked up the girl. He carried her to the front door, following behind them.

The bulky man knocked on the door as it began to open on its own. Kai took a step back cautiously before continuing forward at a slower pace. His eyes looking everywhere in awe as he saw how elegant and old the building was. As he looked around he saw a man standing at the top of the stairs. The man introduced himself and told Kai to go set the girl in a spare bedroom while he explained what would happen.

So doing as instructed Kai ventured off into the home to find a room he felt comfortable putting the girl in. Finally after about five minutes of opening and closing doors he found a bedroom with a big bed in the middle and a few objects around. He felt like it was the right choice so he laid her down as gently as he could.
He flinched as she shuffled slightly. But she stayed asleep so Kai continued to make sure she was comfortable before sighing as he pulled the cuffs from his jackets pocket and cuffed the little girl hands to the bed.

He hated the situation but he remained himself what he would get and that she was going to be returned tomorrow, unharmed if he had any say in it.

Giving the girl one last look over before leaving the room, locking the door behind him.