Chapter One

Kai was only 16 when he ran away from his home. Or what most would call a home. He stayed in alleyways and did any work he could find for money

But his money always seemed to run out quickly.

Eventually he got good at pickpocketing and began walking around fancier parts of the city looking for rich people to pick pocket.

After half a year of pickpocketing he was confronted by a group of men, giving him a job offer. He was struggling this time around so he accepted on a whim.

He didn't understand what they actually needed him to do. He thought it was just going to be a quick pickup and drop off kind of thing. But no.

They had him kill someone.

That day his life changed. The group of men turned out to be a gang of sorts. They kept him around and trained him in all sorts of weapons.

They also gave him a place to sleep. And food. So he stayed.

He hated doing all the cruel things they gave him in his assignments, murder, torture, drugging, kidnapping.
But, he had no where else to go. He didn't know what to do.  He was only 16.

Now at age 17 he had gotten some muscle over the months and had learned quickly how to think in his feet and to fight back. He was now one of the most skilled in their group for combat and weapon strength.
But he wanted out.

So he made a deal with the leader. He does one last job, and they let him go with enough money for him to live on his own for years to come.

They agreed and told him that he would find out about the assignment in more depth when he meets with the other members. They gave him a location to meet the group at where they would be kidnapping some rich kids daughter for ransom.

He hated doing this, but if he wanted out he needed to do it one last time. So Kai went to his room and packed what belongings he had. He packed two guns, some pocket knives while putting a knife in his boot, slipping two in his thigh straps, two in his rib cage and on his forearm. He then put a fnx -45 gun along his back before putting his sweatshirt overtop to make him look more normal to the public eye before leaving.

He grabbed his duffle bag with all his other weapons and item he needed and left the room. Walking down the hall for the last time gave him a sense of relief, almost making him forget about what he had to do.

Kai sighed. He waved at some of the members as he passed them in the hallways, walking towards the front door where there was a car waiting.

He opened the passenger door and hopped in as the driver started driving to the house of the girl.

Kai looked out the window, watching the trees and buildings fly by as he leaned his head against the window. He knew the car ride would be just over an hour as he watched the scenery.