Part 10

As the pulsating beat filled the air, Charles Leclerc found himself lost in the kaleidoscope of lights swirling around the club. His eyes scanned the crowded dance floor until they landed on her - the object of his affection. She was laughing, her hair catching the neon glow as she danced with someone else.

A pang of jealousy shot through him as he watched her twirl in the arms of another man. He clenched his jaw, trying to suppress the surge of emotions bubbling within him. He wanted to march over there, to claim her as his own, but he hesitated, unsure of where they stood.

Their relationship was undefined, a tangled web of late-night texts and stolen glances. They weren't officially together, but he couldn't deny the pull she had on him. Yet, seeing her with someone else ignited a fire in him he couldn't ignore.

He downed his drink in one gulp, his mind racing with thoughts of what could have been. Should he confront her? Should he let her know how he felt? Or should he simply walk away, burying his emotions deep within him?

As the music throbbed around him, Charles made a decision. Pushing through the crowd, he approached her with determined steps. His heart pounded in his chest as he reached out to touch her arm, his voice barely audible above the music.

"We're leaving". Charles had stated firmly, leaving no room for disagreement.

Before she could even respond Charles had Amèlie pushed against the wall in his hold, enveloped by his warm mouth and convincing tongue.