Part 24 : Lifeline

Start from the beginning

"I know, Bhaiya." Ayaansh fought against his tears to keep his voice stable. "I love you a lot too. Isliye keh rha hoon, you're our lifeline. It scared the life out of us to see you in such state."

Arnav nodded guiltily. "I'm sorry, Bachcha. Really sorry. Ab tu aise upset mat reh"

Ayaansh didn't reply, instead pressed himself to Arnav's chest. He wanted to hear the soothing sound of his Bhaiya's heartbeat. It always soothed his senses. After a few moments when he felt his nerves relaxing down, he pulled back and wiped his tears. He could see Arnav was getting agitated with his tears. He didn't wish to upset his Bhaiya.

"Thik hai, bachcha?" Arnav asked softly.

Ayaansh nodded. "Bhabhi bhi bohot darr gyi hai, Bhaiya. Don't upset her further. Woh jitna daante chup chap sun lo aap.."

Arnav sighed. Again. "Samajh gya mai, bachcha. Why don't you go and send your Bhabhi here?" He said. He knew stepping out of the room wouldn't be a great idea.

Ayaansh bobbed his head and stepped out of the room.

Later that night, when he heard the sound of laughter from his brother's room, he knew his Bhaiya had made it up to his Bhabhi. He smiled and hoped they would always remain like that. Untill his Bhaiya was alright, their family would be alright. Arnav Singhania was their lifetime and they were determined to make him realise that.

---------------------------------------------

Aryan and Ayaansh were sleeping peacefully when they were shaken up from their beauty sleep. Both of them glared at their culprit.

"Good morning, kids." Aniket smiled meekly.

"Kya hai, Bhaiyu?" Aryan asked rubbing his eyes in sleep.

"I'm leaving, Aru." Aniket came to the point directly. "Bina bataye jata toh tu hi gussa hoke baith jata..."

Both of them sat up straight hearing that.

"Itni subah, Bhaiyu?" Ayaansh asked.

Aniket nodded. "Hearing hai, bachcha. Abhi nikalna hoga..."

Ayaansh nodded. Aryan gave a mild nod, but he looked crestfallen. Aniket wrapped his arms around his baby brother.

"Come soon, Bhaiyu." Aryan muttered.

"I'll come back soon, bachcha. Take care, okay?"

He looked at Ayaansh. Ayaansh hugged him from other side. "We will take care, Bhaiyu. Hum Bhaiya ka bhi dhyaan rakhenge. You don't worry. Aap bas jaldi wapas aa jao."

"Go back to sleep, kiddo. I just came to see you guys." Aniket kissed his forehead and turned to Aryan who was snuggling to him, refusing to let go.

"Chhod bhi, Aru?" Aniket ruffled his hair playfully.

"Jaldi wapas aa jao, Bhaiyu!"

"Tak care, bachcha." Aniket kissed his forehead and tucked him back to bed. "Sleep now."

Aniket switched off the lights and left from there. He came down with his backpack. He was thinking to fetch some packaged food for himself from the fridge when he heard the noise from kitchen. He frowned. It was five in the morning!

"Bhabhi?" He was surprised to see Ashi.

"Good morning." She smiled. "Nikal rhe ho?"

Aniket nodded. He kept his backpack on the chair and walked to her. "What are you doing in the kitchen at this time?"

"Kuch nhi. I wasn't getting sleep, so I came down." She said casually, as she turned off the flame.

"You should be resting, Bhabhi." Aniket said. "You slept so late last night. Rest kar lo yaar..."